Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default How to use a Lee Classic Cast Turret Press with RCBS Primer Pocket Swager Combo

I have gotten my Lee Classic Cast Turret press to work with the RCBS Primer Pocket Swager Combo. First I removed the plastic collet for the auto index (#1 in picture), next I placed a plumbers wrench (#2) laying on its side on the base of the press. Then I used a craftsman 7/8” wrench(#4) to slip into the cut of the ram (#3). I put some gun oil on the wrench (#4) to avoid scratching the press as well from slipping it onto and off the ram each time.

Lowering the ram with the wrench in place along with the plumbers wrench beneath was enough to bump the piece of brass off.

It was slow going because I had to place the wrench back in place after each stroke, but I avoided buying another press. If I was doing a large amount of brass, I think I would find another way to do this, such as another press.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: How to use a Lee Classic Cast Turret Press with RCBS Primer Pocket Swager Combo

Everybody should have a single stage press.
    For lots of reasons.