Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default Allegheny Trade Company

since i didn't see it listed yet, thought i would add Allegheny Trade in Duncansville to the list of places to buy firearms. i have purchased several there as has my wife in fact its the only place she wants to deal with when she is considering a purchase.

(Blair County)

Default Re: Allegheny Trade Company

I can second the listing of Allegheny Trade. Mark and Chuck are top notch guys and know their business.

--Corey
    Glock Armorer
    IDPA
    USPSA

(Blair County)

Posting in with a 3rd big thumbs up for Mark and Chuck and whoever else ends up behind the counter. Always nice to go to a place where they know you by name

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
    Posting in with a 3rd big thumbs up for Mark and Chuck and whoever else ends up behind the counter. Always nice to go to a place where they know you by name
    Even though I haven't been there in 20 years, I'll give them a 4th thumbs up!

I just spoke to Little Joe about that place!
    Long story short - I used to stop in there a few times a month with my father before I moved away from home!
    Good people don't "go bad" (we just smell that way as we age! ) and as I recall, Mark did treat us very well. I'm pleased that they are still in business.

(Blair County)

Best gun shop in the Altoona area! I have had nothing but positive experiences there. What really told me that they were trustworthy was the fact that they will recommend another shop if they can't help you. I usually stop in twice a week. Another big thumbs up for Allegheny Trade!

-Joe-
    Magnum en parvo!

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Little Joe View Post
    Best gun shop in the Altoona area! I have had nothing but positive experiences there.
    -Joe-
    Dittos!!!

I grew up in Hollidaysburg, and I still stop in there a couple times a year.

(Blair County)

gald to see i'm not the only one who shops there
    to see our latest acquisitions see my valentines post in gun pictures thread

(Bedford County)

Bought a couple of guns ovr there. The last was about 2 years ago. I was pricing XD Sub-compact recently so I stopped. There $ was $539 while East Coast Gun Sales was only $461. Just gotta watch their prices. They will dicker but didn't come down enough in my case.

Juniata Trade in Everett (on the way to Breezewood) also has good prices and they are nice people!

(Blair County)

East Coast has ATC beat on some of their handguns, but they are quickly getting a bad reputation for not knowing what they are doing (when I bought my m44 there I had to tell them what it was, what caliber it shot, and where the serial # was), and EC's milsurp prices are high ($280 for a k31?). Also, EC doesn't carry any mil-surp ammo. I will probably buy my kel-tec there, but I don't deal with them much. Mark and Chuck at Allegheny KNOW what they are doing, and I'm personally willing to spend a little more their to support that business.

-Joe-
    Magnum en parvo!

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Little Joe View Post
    East Coast has ATC beat on some of their handguns, but they are quickly getting a bad reputation for not knowing what they are doing (when I bought my m44 there I had to tell them what it was, what caliber it shot, and where the serial # was), and EC's milsurp prices are high ($280 for a k31?). Also, EC doesn't carry any mil-surp ammo. I will probably buy my kel-tec there, but I don't deal with them much. Mark and Chuck at Allegheny KNOW what they are doing, and I'm personally willing to spend a little more their to support that business.

-Joe-

100% agree with you Joe, I'll pay a bit more $ to support the shop that dosen't talk down to me because I'm younger. Mark, Chuck and when Matt is in there he's good too. They have no problems letting me fondle the guns, where as trying to get someone at EC to even help ya is a 50/50 shot, but I'm preaching to the choir here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast