Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ruger SR9C very Glock like.

I bought a SR9C to take over CC duty from my Kel Tec P11. I took both to the range I had brought Blazer brass ammo to test them along with some of my 9mm reloads. I fired the pistols 5-15 yards. The P11 was its same DAO self firing and grouping well in close and opening up out 15 yards. The SR9 C on the other hand fired like my Glock 19 tearing a single hole at 5-7 yard and a grapefruit like group out at 15 semi rapid fire. The SR9 C is one of the better Ruger semis IMO Ruger has made taking the Glock like trigger and using it well.

The SR9 C is a good upgrade from the P11, the Kel tec is smaller but just not as easy to shoot well.

(Centre County)

Talking Re: Ruger SR9C very Glock like.

You better hide before they silence you...
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

(Columbia County)

Default Re: Ruger SR9C very Glock like.

I agree with you Neko. I have a Glock 19 and my buddy has a Ruger SR9c. I told him that in its mechanics and trigger feel it was very "glock like". That's not a bad thing at all. Glocks are my favorite handguns and I've owned many different brands so anything that tries to be glockish is on the right track in my book. The Ruger SR9 and SR9c are great little guns.

My wife and I own an SR9, and we will be the proud owners of an SR9c later this week.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

A "Glock" with a bunch of unnecessary safeties and massive LCI. AKA a Californiaized Glock.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Yes. The Kel tecs, like the Ruger lc9, take a little more practice for me with the longer double action only trigger pull.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Lehigh County)

That's it. I'm going to get the SR40 tomorrow. Only because I already have 9mm's. I want the 40

(Adams County)

I've tried to tell this to a one of my buddies, my uncle, and my cousin. None of the believe me, until a few weeks ago when I took my buddy out and he loved the SR9c. Now I just need to let my uncle and cousin try it out. As someone else mentioned the billboard ads, and 229 safety devices are overkill but I love mine.

(Luzerne County)

Storm, I have the SR40c and it's a great gun. Tried out a SR9c and loved the trigger so much better than my LC9 I had to change. Just wanted larger caliber. I just need to practice more and now that I'm reloading, I've got lots of practice rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRoy View Post
    Storm, I have the SR40c and it's a great gun. Tried out a SR9c and loved the trigger so much better than my LC9 I had to change. Just wanted larger caliber. I just need to practice more and now that I'm reloading, I've got lots of practice rounds.

456 - I think in any format the SR9 or 40 is a good gun. I think its driving feature is that Glock like trigger. I've handled some center fire Ruger pistols before like the P95 and wasn't impressed with the over engineering. Though there owners were sold on them. It seemed to work for me in there Revolvers and Rifles. I bought there Security sixs, Gp100s, Mini 14 and Mark II 22 LR pistols but this is the 1st center fire Ruger pistol I've bought. It doesn't break down like a Glock but it does shoot like one. Great Job Ruger imitation is a form of compliment. Of course there a long list of companies copying at least one of Glocks features. I wonder why?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast