Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work encounter

(Bucks County)

Default Work encounter

I normally pocket carry my G27 in my Galco Suede Pocket holster. Yesterday I put a pair of pants on that I normally do not wear since we just moved and can't find any clothes yet. The pants that I am wearing are the type that like to push everything out of your pockets.

It is the end of the day and I am sitting at my desk finishing with a client and after the client leaves my agent's wife asks me to come into her office. I come in and she immediately asks me if I have a gun on me right now. I tell her that I always carry. She said that she could see the end of the grip in the opening of my pocket. She starts telling me that people are not allowed to carry in places of employment. I told her that their is no identifiable policy in the handbook and zero signs on the premisis.

She starts telling me the usual anti crap like the gun could fall out and the safety could release and I could accidentally shoot a coworker. I smiled and told her that the toaster in the breakroom could catch fire and burn us all alive. She did not think that was funny. She then tells me that I could be fired for carrying a weapon on the premisis. I told her that if she was uncomfortable I would leave it in my vehicle and not enter into the building with it. She said that she was going to address this with her husband (the agent).

My agent was supposed to be off today and sure enough at 10:00am he comes walking into the door. In my mind I am thinking here we go... I decide to initiate the conversation. I step into his office and sit down. I said,"I guess you heard about the conversation your wife and I had yesterday." He says,"Yeah I heard you had a weapon on you." Usually when someone says weapon instead of gun I take them to be anti.

I explain to him why I carry and tell him about previous experiences that I have had including this past saturday that I still need to post about in Kensington Philly. After we discuss this for about a half hour and I showed him my LTCF that he kept calling a CCWP I handed him a PAFOA flyer. He looks at me and says if I keep my G27 in my briefcase then he is ok with me bringing it into work. All in all I think that it was a really big success considering I thought this was going to get really ugly. I asked him to email me the authorization and he complied. I then told him if he ever wants to go shooting with me to let me know.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

Default Re: Work encounter

I think you need to take the wife shooting as well. Once she gets the bug, the gun will be out of your briefcase and back into your pocket.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    I think you need to take the wife shooting as well. Once she gets the bug, the gun will be out of your briefcase and back into your pocket.
    I will let her cool down for a little before I send her an invite. Could be a cool office team morale booster.

im just glad you have a job today

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    You and me both.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    I agree!

Hope it all works out.

(Cumberland County)

Wow that's really cool how you're employer handled it. You came into the situation with all the necessary knowledge too which is good and how you do it.

I wish I could conceal carry to work but it's clear in our employee handbook... "No weapons of any kind on company property".

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by HbgHKFan View Post
    Wow that's really cool how you're employer handled it. You came into the situation with all the necessary knowledge too which is good and how you do it.

I wish I could conceal carry to work but it's clear in our employee handbook... "No weapons of any kind on company property,except for those brought by assailants intending to do harm to defenseless innocents.".
    Fixed it for ya!
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

Glad you can take your weapon to work now.

(Franklin County)

Good Job !!!

I just recently started a new job(this week). I was working in that dirty word place (MD). NOW, i'm working in PA. My manager is a hunter, and also has his license in WV to CC. He chooses not too carry because he passes through MD everyday, Now me on the other hand have been carrying to work everyday this week. I go in at 3am and work outside checking freight in and loading trucks, I told him upfront if i'm the only one there at 3am, I will be carrying, now once others employees start showing up around 7am, I place it in my car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast