Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DuraCoat?

(York County)

Default Re: DuraCoat?

I have seen Jarheadairsmithing's work at gunshows, Very Nice Work!!! he seems to really care about doing a good job!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    60in3 just go ahead and order it online I stock large bottles of colors not the kits, Also if you are spraying plastics or wood parts I wood recommend getting extra of all the colors, often older plastics and wood require more than 1 application of color. When I coat wood and plastics I apply several wet coats and let it cure. after it is dry I will check it over thoroughly ,if it needs more coating I sand all parts lightly and recoat. let it dry and then move on to the next color when doing camo or digital. Call me if you have any questions.
    What would YOU charge me to do my PTR-91 (G3) + like 8 mags give or take.. and a XD Tactical model? I used to paint cars but I just don't have the time or place to do it myself or I would....

I would want a 3-4 color camo pattern not sure what "style" yet but I figured I would at least ask first.. I am in Whitehall.

Any thing else you would need to know please don't hesitate to ask me..

thanks ahead of time..

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by sincitynut View Post
    I have seen Jarheadairsmithing's work at gunshows, Very Nice Work!!! he seems to really care about doing a good job!
    I PM'd him through PAFOA about having some work done, and unfortunately after a few returned PM's he never got back to me.

No big deal though, I just Duracoated my HD shotgun and I couldn't be happier with it. There are a few boo boo's but for a first timer I think it turned out alright. If I get a chance I will add some pics. There are a few scratch marks on the shell tube, from the forend sliding along it, but I think that's more b/c I put it back together too soon. Once it dried completely, I have had no further scratching, and I have been racking through several shells to try and test the durability. All in all it is a great product, and now I want to get a few more colors and do it again.

(Lehigh County)

If anyone wants it, I could Duracoat your irons for dirt cheap. I've done it before a couple of times with splendid results. Didn't have a bead blasting machine though, but gave the parts a thorough acetone wash.

(Northampton County)

If you look at the duracoat manufacturers info for applying duracoat they require that you blast with aluminum oxide not glass beads, second you can sand the surface, and it can also be applied over a freshly parkerized surface,because parkerizing is a porous surface and provides duracoat. lasty to anyone doing this as a quote under the table side business if you are shipping and recieving firearms without an ffl you can get yourself into some serious trouble with the ATF, be careful.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12