Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Glock 21 Gen 4

(Washington County)

Default Glock 21 Gen 4

I just got my newest toy, actually i traded my Gen3 SF Glock 21 in on the new Gen 4 Glock 21.

I can't wait to take this to the range and put some rounds through it.

The main reason I traded the Gen 3 21 was the picatinny rail on the gen 3. I haven't liked it since I got it in 2008. Performance wise, the Gen3 SF frame G21 was flawless.. I put over 2000 rounds through it and never once a hiccup.. no FTF, FTE, or malfunctions at all.. I am hoping the gen4 21 is as reliable as the other one.

Last edited by dmcdonnell; October 26th, 2011 at 10:03 PM.
    - Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Glock 21 Gen 4

What was wrong with the picatinny rail on the Gen3 that you didn't like?

The only negative I've seen is it affected the choices on some holsters.

(Washington County)

That was the main thing about the picatinny rail, was the lack of quality holsters.. it did not fit any leather or kydex style holsters. the only two that ever worked were the uncle Mikes #15 nylon, and the drop leg tactical holster.

The picatinny rail was ok otherwise, it just looked odd stuck out there on the end of the gun.. if it had been a little lower profile, and not so prominent, I would probably have kept it.. the gun itself was flawless.. after 2000K+ rounds, I never had any type of hiccup at all... It ran like a freight train with everything from target ammo FMJ, to the hottest loads from Double Tap, Buffalo Bore, and Corbon..

One thing I did notice when holding my old g21 and the new gen 4 version was that the grip was the same from the side as was expected, but the width of the grip seemed a little slimmer visually when looking at them side by side.

if I could have afforded to keep both glocks I would have, but I wanted to try the gen4 model and I figured trading the gen 3 for it was a sound move financially...

Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post
    What was wrong with the picatinny rail on the Gen3 that you didn't like?

The only negative I've seen is it affected the choices on some holsters.
    - Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ

(Cumberland County)

Thumbs up Re: Glock 21 Gen 4

congrats on the new glock. i hope this one is as reliable as the last. whether you like the way they look or not you gotta admit they are a great gun.

(Montgomery County)

Took me a while, but I found a OWB Bianchi holster that fit the 21sf, and just recently got a BladeTech Drop offset holster for competitions.

Good luck with it.. Got me thinking of an upgrade. But it is hard for me to part with anything.. And it is proving hard to wear out this gun.

With the hundreds if not thousands of holster companies in the US I find it hard to believe one couldn't get a holster for a G21SF that fits perfectly. Especially with all the custom holster shops.

Anyway, I hope it treats you well. Hickok45 put up a vid on Youtube not that long ago on the Gen4 G21.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    With the hundreds if not thousands of holster companies in the US I find it hard to believe one couldn't get a holster for a G21SF that fits perfectly. Especially with all the custom holster shops.

Anyway, I hope it treats you well. Hickok45 put up a vid on Youtube not that long ago on the Gen4 G21.
    I make holsters and have seen the G21 FS dummy gun. Someone is making holsters for them.

(Montgomery County)

They aren't really stocking them on the shelves.. or that common to be carried in shops..

The leather ones might be easier than the kydex ones. Since a couple didn't really fit the Pic rail version that well.. Blackhawk Serpa only fits the glock rail.

I contacted Bladetech for a holster, they said they would make anyone I wanted for my gun, just call it in. I called, paid, then 2-3 weeks later got a call back that they couldn't make the model I wanted, but suggested another similiar type that they could. I like my bladetech holster though..

Just with the Pic rail it kind of limits you on some types.

(Monroe County)

Just more research to do prior to buying a gun.

(Berks County)

Good luck on the new Gen 4