Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: barrett class

(Allegheny County)

Default barrett class

anyone know anywhere that you can go and pay for like a class that will allow you to shoot a Barrett 50 cal without actually owning a barrett. this does nto have to be in PA i am willing to travel i really woudl like to shoot a barrett just cant justify 10K for it. lol

(Delaware County)

Default Re: barrett class

(Delaware County)

Forget the class.
    I would say just to ask around. You would be surprised how many are around. People who own them are enthusiastic about them and might enjoy the company of someone else who would really enjoy shooting one.
    That worked for me and .338LM.

(Allegheny County)

Helter - one quick read of the page the problem with that barrett one is that you have to have your own rifle. i already searched around on the net and saw that one and they have other courses too.

smitty 56 - you think someone would really let me shoot their $10k gun i would feel soo weird even asking. on that note anyone on here have a barrett that they would allow someone to shoot under their supervision no games or noting i will pay for my own ammo. i just always wanted to shoot one.

Someone might very well let you shoot their .50BMG. I was at the state game lands ranges out on 944 and I was offered to shoot a Rossi .38, some cowboy action .44Mag and someones SKS. I never asked they just offered it to me. Of course I took the offers. Now they are no .50BMG mind you but I did meet a guy who stated he had one, never saw it though.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by moose83 View Post
    Helter - one quick read of the page the problem with that barrett one is that you have to have your own rifle. i already searched around on the net and saw that one and they have other courses too.

smitty 56 - you think someone would really let me shoot their $10k gun i would feel soo weird even asking. on that note anyone on here have a barrett that they would allow someone to shoot under their supervision no games or noting i will pay for my own ammo. i just always wanted to shoot one.
    If you read the link I gave you, for $200 you can rent a rifle for the class.

I've shot guns over 10k, just by complimenting the owner on their choice. There are two key points. First, people who spend that much (or anything over dirt cheap really) on a rifle are generally very proud of it, and like others to experience the same. Second, there's really nothing you can do to hurt the gun, short of planting c4 on it. It's not like they have to worry about you "messing it up", if anything they'd be worried about it messing you up. Outside of cases where time, ammo, etc is a limitation, I've found that gun owners are generally very willing to let other enthusiasts try out their toys.
    Last edited by Helter; October 27th, 2011 at 09:50 AM.

(Allegheny County)

yea coem to think a bout it i have a few people at the wexford gun range off to let me shoot their muzzler loard, SCAR, and AR.