Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Union County)

Default region No 1 for packing heat

I saved this article from the Pittsburgh Trib, why I don't know but some on this site may find this interesting.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_479391.html

grizz

Exclamation Re: region No 1 for packing heat

Photo identification cards laminated in plastic eventually will replace paper permits with names and addresses. Officials hope the new licenses will better track guns.
    "I just want to make it more difficult to get a gun in Allegheny County," said acting Sheriff William Mullen.

These two things bother me, how will new permits track guns, especially in a state where there isn't supposed to be a database?

And please tell me that he wants to make it more difficult for criminals to get guns?
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

Default Re: region No 1 for packing heat

Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post
    Photo identification cards laminated in plastic eventually will replace paper permits with names and addresses. Officials hope the new licenses will better track guns.
    "I just want to make it more difficult to get a gun in Allegheny County," said acting Sheriff William Mullen.

These two things bother me, how will new permits track guns, especially in a state where there isn't supposed to be a database?

And please tell me that he wants to make it more difficult for criminals to get guns?
    In April, Allegheny County implemented its own background check, and anyone with a prior arrest on certain felony and misdemeanor charges is disqualified from receiving concealed gun permits. Allegheny's system delays the issuance of permits up to 45 days.
    You got to love it when the police take into their own hands to do some thing.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

Default Re: region No 1 for packing heat

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    You got to love it when the police take into their own hands to do some thing.
    Are they even allowed to do that? I'm pretty sure state law preempts the allegheny law, and says that only people with certain offenses may be denied. If i'm understanding the law correctly, I'm pretty sure that sherrif is overstepping his bounds. And the first time someone gets denied for something not listed in the state statutes, and appeals it in court, that sherrif is going to get his butt handed to him by an angry judge.