Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default looking for someplace to shoot my AK

Hi all, new to the PAFOA, just getting into shooting again (usmc, Nam, some hunting yrs ago). Started picking up hand guns 'bout 20 mos. ago, on my
    2nd yr membership @ Target Master & just picked up a used Marlin 30-30 which I can shoot @TM but only a 25yd range plus I want to shoot my new AK (which I dont have yet but hope to pick one up soon). I'm aware of Delco Field & Stream but dont want to invest that much in another membership that I may use only a few times a year. I've read & understand that the Pa game commision has ranges on state game lands & membership is only $30!
    I dont mind a drive, we,ve been going to gunshows in Allentown, Carlisle, Wilmington, KoP, skipped Bloomsberg this wkend, little too far. The drive's part of the fun.
    Anyway, any info on any of these state ranges would be appriciated as I've read one or more in this area may be closed, maybe one is more restrictive than the other ???
    IM's and or emails welcome ..........jnick458@gmail.com ............

(Delaware County)

Default Re: looking for someplace to shoot my AK

State Game Lands #43 is the closest public range to Delco. It's up in Elverson, Chester County, next to French Creek State Park. It's about an hours drive up PA-100 & 23 on most Saturdays or Sundays.

If you have a hunting license the range is free (bring your license with you). If not, then you now have to buy a permit from the Game Commission which I think costs about $30 a year.

Note that they have some strict rules on shooting semi-autos. You can't load more than three rounds in a clip/mag. WCO's patrol the range and will give you a ticket if they catch you with more than three rounds in your magazine.

The place is also pretty notorious for yahoos. Search around on this site and you'll see what I mean.

This time of year it will probably be packed on weekends.

(Lancaster County)

PM Sent .

(Delaware County)

Hey Guys thanks for the Info & the PM's

check out south philly archery and gun. range is only 55 feet but its a good place to shoot and most of the staff are cool. i havent been there for awhile but last time i was there it was 25$ to shoot if you bring your own ammo or 15$ if you buy there ammo. most of the time i will buy one box of there ammo and then shoot my own. i think the targets are about 1$.

(Delaware County)

Hey guys ........picked up a Saiga 7.62 Sporter @ Mcungie gunshow last week, ordered another $300 in conversion parts (almost half just for the furniture) from DanzigArms & now waiting on delivery. I know I could have just bought Romanian, Polish, Bulgarian, Chinese, etc ....but this is from the factory that makes the AKs in Russia! .........we'll see huh? ........Tnx again

(Delaware County)

Ok, never posted pix on a forum before, we'll see how this turns out.
    these are before and after, Saiga sporter to AK47
    Still havent fired it yet but trigger & safety work, BHO ok, chambers & ejects snaps from mag ok, AK mags fit tight.110211112218.jpg

121211131501.jpg