Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Pa Attorney General Tom Corbett at ACSL Banquet

This is a rare opportunity to personally have the chance to address the current Pa Attorney General, Tom Corbett, on firearm issues and concerns of gun owners.

The ACSL banquet begins at 4pm with drinks and appetizers and the main program begins at 5pm. I believe the ACSL has scheduled a short question and answer period that may provide a opportunity for all in attendance to seek the general's position on issues directly from the audience. Time, and his schedule permitting, there may even be an opportunity to talk one on one with him. If there is chance I know I will surely take advantage of this situation with my issue. In any event there is sure to be many pro-gun politicians and other like minded kindred spirits to talk with during the evening festivities that always make these ACSL banquets a memorable event beside the delicious food offered.

One of the issues for me personally if there is an opportunity to personally talk with the commonwealth's attorney is the illegal transfer of firearms in Allegheny county during the annual gun buy back program more commonly know as the "good for guns". This program activity engages and promotes the illegal transfer of handguns against current pa law with a "no
    Questions asked policy". If these political correct organization are exempt from the state firearm laws of pa for a so-called good purpose. Can you or I selectively break the laws that we want for our good purpose? What would happen to us if we set up a booth outside the goods for guns program and offered 20 bucks cash more than the face value of the gift certificates to obtain the handguns in the same manor as they do?
    I wonder hmmmmmm

If anyone has any specific questions or concerns for the attorney general please post them here or pm them to me. I have made arrangements with Kim Stolfer to forward them over to Tom Corbett's office in advance, so that he may respond or address our questions if he chooses to. The general is scheduled to speak for 30-45 minutes and we will make every effort to get to every question but time is a factor so no promises here about that.

I cannot promise a personal introduction to the attorney general but I can and will make this offer to any PAFOA member in attendance, a personal introduction to the ACSL legislative chairman, Kim Stolfer.

Kim Stolfer is very well known by the Harrisburg legislators and local politicians both by friend and foe alike. Kim's knowledge and practical application of gun laws is legendary, anyone would profit from his real world negative experiences by your fellow gun owners with ill conceived or poorly written gun laws that exists on the books today and how he works with pro gun legislators to change them.

I have spoken and questioned Tom Corbett extensively in person when he was running for the office and have been very happy that many of my concerns have been addressed specifically, Tom Corbett has gotten more reciprocity agreements with other states than the last three Attorneys General combined ever did for us.

Please note on your ticket that you are a PAFOA member, I have made special arrangements with the president of the ACSL to have us all seated together at a table representing PAFOA organization.

Get all the details here for this March 8 event.
    http://acslpa.org/n_banquet/2008%20a...year_banqu.htm

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Pa Attorney General Tom Corbett at ACSL Banquet

Has anyone found out whether the Attorney General plans to file an amicus brief in the Heller case? Or at least sign onto one?
    Snowflakes in Hell Blog
    Where There's Snow, There's Firepower
    http://snowflakesinhell.com

(Luzerne County)

No comment on Q's for AG at this time.
    But a note that I am going to plan on attending this. If any other "easties" or central area members are considering attending feel free to PM me in regards to car pooling.

(Franklin County)

I too am planning on attending. My route will be more across the bottom of the state, than across the center, like Pa. Patriot's.

If anyone in the Franklin county area is interested in riding along, I can take up to three comfortably. No smoking in the car, and I will be staying over (motel to be determined) and coming home Sunday morning.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Franklin County)

No interest in this banquet? I got my ticket today, and it was noted that I was the first attendee identified as being with PAFOA. Am I going to have the whole table to myself?

(Philadelphia County)

I will be there with my girlfriend. Doug mentioned he may be there but I haven't checked back in with him to see if he finalized arrangements.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Erie County)

I'll be there as well. Just need to know where we're staying.

(Franklin County)

I'm staying at the Super 8 in Monroeville.

It's cheap, and centrally located to my local destinations.

(Allegheny County)

Greg you coming to the group shoot the next morning?

(Franklin County)

My current plans are to come first thing (8:00) and then go to the FOAC meeting (10:00 in Whitehall). I'd like to get back to Chambersburg by early evening.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast