Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Interning at Pittsburgh

Hello,

I will be interning in Pittsburgh (near Dusquesne University) from May-August 2012. Where should I look into housing with parking? How much should I be looking to pay for the summer subleasing around the area? Thanks in advance!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Interning at Pittsburgh

How old are you and what kind of area are you looking for? Do you bike, plan on driving or plan on taking the bus to work? If you're 22 or under and dont mind bicycle commuting or taking the bus every day you should be able to find some super cheap housing in Oakland as all the college kids who leave PGH during summer will be sub-leasing their places. If you want some place more mature, you might be able to find short term leases in Shadyside. Parking downtown sucks no matter how you look at it so I would really avoid driving to work. I've also got a spare bedroom in my condo that I might be interested in sub-leasing as well...

(Montgomery County)

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the reply. I'll be interning for EQT so I'm looking for the closest location to bike/bus if possible. I'm 28 but I can fit in with either college crowd or young professionals just fine. I'm very interest to hear more about your spare bedroom! How far is EQT office from your location?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by nguyene2 View Post
    Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the reply. I'll be interning for EQT so I'm looking for the closest location to bike/bus if possible. I'm 28 but I can fit in with either college crowd or young professionals just fine. I'm very interest to hear more about your spare bedroom! How far is EQT office from your location?
    3 miles maybe. I go to school at Duquesne and usually bike and I think its around 4.5 miles round trip for me. I'll move the rest of my response to a PM.