Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Is this BS or should I be concerned?

Admin, if this is off base, please do delete or move to a more appropriate forum.

Internet email is a conduit for information. Some reliable, some merely sensational and some pure BS. I delete 99% of the forwarded stuff. Especially those that threaten dire consequences if I fail to forward. :-P

I received this some time back and have been looking for more info but don't find anything. Not finding something is not proof of it's not existing. So, thought that I'd post here in the most active forum on PAFOA. Anyone know anything of this?

My concern is that Soros is certainly anti-gun and supports and does help fund anti-gun groups.

From Internet email:
    "For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are: Bushmaster,Marlin,Remington,DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R.
    Those that know of these sales have been worried that this Freedom Group is soon going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States. Think about it. If you control the manufacturing of guns and ammo and then refuse to sell to civilians -- that's you and me -- you'll soon control guns from a different direction than anyone would have thought it might.
    If we do some digging we find that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management and that Cerberus is controlled by none other than George Soros. His background has shown him to be one of the most evil man on this planet. He wants a World Government and he wants control of the United States and the eventual ban or shortage of all civilian guns will certainly help him do it."
    Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'donnell fat. NRA Life Member

Default Re: Is this BS or should I be concerned?

If indeed he does refuse to sell guns to civilians it will only create a vacuum for others to get into the business. Seems like a fools tactic to me, but is George Soros, so might be true. But I'm not worried as long as the laws don't change. If all of those listed stop selling to civilians that will make Beretta, Ruger, Smith & Wesson and others very happy. Heck might think about starting a manufacturing business myself.

(Lancaster County)

The NRA says it's false...Thats all the info I could find before I had to leave
    NRA-ILA

(Lycoming County)

Admin, it looks like I should have posted to general forum. Please move or if you'd prefer, delete and I'll re-post in General.

Sorry, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by drose40 View Post
    Admin, if this is off base, please do delete or move to a more appropriate forum.

Internet email is a conduit for information. Some reliable, some merely sensational and some pure BS. I delete 99% of the forwarded stuff. Especially those that threaten dire consequences if I fail to forward. :-P

I received this some time back and have been looking for more info but don't find anything. Not finding something is not proof of it's not existing. So, thought that I'd post here in the most active forum on PAFOA. Anyone know anything of this?

My concern is that Soros is certainly anti-gun and supports and does help fund anti-gun groups.

From Internet email:
    "For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are: Bushmaster,Marlin,Remington,DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R.
    Those that know of these sales have been worried that this Freedom Group is soon going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States. Think about it. If you control the manufacturing of guns and ammo and then refuse to sell to civilians -- that's you and me -- you'll soon control guns from a different direction than anyone would have thought it might.
    If we do some digging we find that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management and that Cerberus is controlled by none other than George Soros. His background has shown him to be one of the most evil man on this planet. He wants a World Government and he wants control of the United States and the eventual ban or shortage of all civilian guns will certainly help him do it."
    Not this again.

Soros does NOT own Cerberus Group.
    Hold the Line...

(Lycoming County)

Looks like I was not cynical enough.

Should have followed my instincts and deleted this one too. Just plausible enough to rouse my suspicion.

Thanks, All.

(Monroe County)

I saw it. I did research on it. Very little to find. Not to concerned as I have enough firearms and ammo presently to take over most small countries. I think it is just a way for the Freedom Group to boost sales.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by spblademaker View Post
    I saw it. I did research on it. Very little to find. Not to concerned as I have enough firearms and ammo presently to take over most small countries. I think it is just a way for the Freedom Group to boost sales.
    I bet if a bunch from PAFOA got together we could probably take France.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

even if this were true, which i don't believe, their are and would be plenty of manufacturers to fill the void if remington, bushmaster, dpms and others refused to sell to civilians. none of the before mentioned companies have big government contracts that could keep them in businss if they stopped selling to civilians so they'd all go out of business pretty quick. companies like armalite, stag, S&W, LMT, LWRC, RRA, OLYARMS would all continue to fill the void in the AR market. Other companies would pick-up on bolt action and pump rifles/shotguns and others would start manufacturing ammo so unless the government closes down all firearm manufacturing i don't think there's anything to worry about.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

It could be a possibility, but things like "Fast and Furious" seemed like a more subversive tactic.
    ...and they have a plan...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast