Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Delco Field and Stream?

Quote Originally Posted by Egres View Post
    Not being smart or spiteful but did anybody ever seen or heard of handgun going full auto? I understand that for every recorded incident there's probably dozens not reported ones. Especially with full auto. You might just be send to jail like guardsman in naziville jersey was.
    Happens with my revolvers all the time. A very important safety rule for us round gunners.

(Delaware County)

Been a member for almost 2 months. I really like the place. The rules are a big old, but just about everyone is very friendly.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willie D View Post
    Black powder pistols shoot on the pistol range. Five round limit.

I can't say for certain about double taps. Some ROs would definitely not permit them, others might if you were hitting the target (keep in mind the closest target stands are around 35'). The pistol range is mostly run by guys that do one handed slow fire who can nail the center of a target at 25 yards. That might not sound like your thing but if you give it a try and can learn to do that, you really won't have any trouble absolutely destroying targets at 7 yards.
    I am a member of the club and enjoy my visits. Although your statement regarding "some range officers......". There lies the problem. I realize that personalities and interpretations of the rules come into play among certain individuals, but I have noticed that some ROs make up the rules as they go along depending on the particular shooter. I have witnessed a RO make a rather broad interpretation of a silhouette target that was nowhere close to the type of target banned by the club. In fact, it was a 25 yd. slow pistol fire target oval in shape with a straight ledge on top of the oval. All because the handgun in use by the shooter was stone ugly and not appreciated by the RO judging by the glare the gun and shooter received upon him setting up. The shooter had to place a solid colored tape over the small ledge which he had in his range bag. I do not know if I would of been as compliant as the young man with the ugly black gun.

(Delaware County)

NOMINATIONS FOR CLUB OFFICERS FOR THE YEAR 2015 WILL BE ACCEPTED at tonight's general membership meeting (10-1-14) want to make a difference? Run for office and try.

There are well over 5000 members at DCFS, yet only a couple hundred come out for elections each year.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    NOMINATIONS FOR CLUB OFFICERS FOR THE YEAR 2015 WILL BE ACCEPTED at tonight's general membership meeting (10-1-14) want to make a difference? Run for office and try.

There are well over 5000 members at DCFS, yet only a couple hundred come out for elections each year.
    Well Sober, there is only a few hundred of the thousands of members that even know the people that are running. The other legions of members don't visit the range often enough to become familiar with the candidates. As pointed out in other posts, most members are bullseye shooters with no interest in tactical and defensive style of practice. As long as such practitioners remain in the majority, there will be little change within the status quo. And that, my fellow member, is stating the obvious.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Well Sober, there is only a few hundred of the thousands of members that even know the people that are running. The other legions of members don't visit the range often enough to become familiar with the candidates. As pointed out in other posts, most members are bullseye shooters with no interest in tactical and defensive style of practice. As long as such practitioners remain in the majority, there will be little change within the status quo. And that, my fellow member, is stating the obvious.
    Status quo or not, I at least put the word out.

(Delaware County)

Ladies Day at Delco Field and Stream this Saturday!!! FREE EVENT, FREE AMMO, FREE use of FIREARMS and FREE lunch for ladies. Registration starts at 9:30. Its 4 hour even from 10 am to 2 pm.
    http://www.dcfsa.org/event/ladies-day-2/

PRESS RELEASE
    SAVE THE DATE
    Ladies Day, Saturday, October 18, 2014
    10:00am until 2:00pm
    Delaware County Field and Stream Association is dedicated to Conservation, Education
    and Sportsmanship. We will be hosting our annual Ladies Day Event on Saturday,
    October 18, 2014 on the Club grounds located at 713 Chester Creek Road, Brookhaven,
    Pennsylvania 19015 (610.872.9728). Check out our website for additional information at
    www.dcfsa.org. This event will be held RAIN OR SHINE and the event is FREE.
    Registration begins at 9:30am.
    In order to get more Ladies interested in the shooting disciplines, Delaware County
    Field and Stream has designated Saturday, October 18th as Ladies Day. Range Officers
    will be available to assist and instruct those who are beginning shooters and archers.
    (ALL EQUIPMENT AND AMMO IS PROVIDED – DO NOT BRING PERSONAL FIREARMS)
    These sports are definitely not just for the guys! So come on out and try something
    new!
    Lunch will be provided for the Ladies…Door Prizes…Bring your friends!
    Enjoy our range facilities and clubhouse located on 65 acres.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112