Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: "Asked for policy; got opinion" or "Why I need to start OCing more"

Personally, I would never let whether, how, when, or where I could carry dictate what I do for enjoyment or with whom I spend my time. I'm not saying that you should agree me. That's just my personal approach, as being able to carry is not the most important thing in the world to me.
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Well, FWIW, here are my thoughts on the whole thing.

1) ... Give it some careful consideration, acquaint yourself with the OC stickies, and use your best judgement.

2) The bouncer worries me a bit....So, before I would ever contemplate the OC vs CC, the conflict would be moot because I wouldn't go in there anyway.

3) ....if I were to go in to the bouncer-covered bar, I'm pretty sure I'd be CC. I'd have to REALLY know the bar, the clientele, the neighborhood, etc...

Just my .02.
    Pretty much sums it up. I personally wouldn't go charging into "league night" OC... thats why (in my opinion) you have a LTCF.... you CAN conceal. Sounds like a perfect opportunity NOT to make a statement. If SHTF you've got your own back.... the rest of the place doesn't need to know.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by wadcutterhi View Post
    Funny how the OP goes from playing pool league matches while OC to championship matches with the table roped off and people being 15 feet away.
    "Hyperbole (...) is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.

Hyperboles are exaggerations to create emphasis or effect." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole
    -Studies show that 10 out of 10 criminals prefer unarmed victims.

-Gun control isn't about guns, it's about control.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123