Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Anyone going out for small game?

I'm waiting to hear back from my buddy to see if he wants to run the dogs or not. Anyone heading out this weekend for the Pheasant/Rabbit opener? I'm still up in the air about it. If I do go I'm thinking of heading out in the afternoon when most of the crowds dissipate. The last few years It's seems as though you had to wait in line to work a field.

(Somerset County)

Default Re: Anyone going out for small game?

Hoping to get out with my boy. He's 16 so it's his last year to do the early antlerless season with a rifle.

Dale

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by dk99358 View Post
    Hoping to get out with my boy. He's 16 so it's his last year to do the early antlerless season with a rifle.

Dale
    I'm scheduled for Grouse, turkey on 11/10/11
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Chester County)

ive already taken 2 woodchucks and a squirrel. looking forward to fox this saturday

(Blair County)

We "2 friends and myself" have been killing 3 limits of ducks everyday this week. Wood ducks are plentiful this year and we are lucky enough to have shot 3 banded ducks this week already.

My poor dog is cut up from head to toe and is exhausted, grooves in his neck from the e-collar. He is laying in the basement beside my waders waiting for tomorrow to do it again. He loves this week more than any other.

Pheasant hunting is not an option with him, he kills them on the ground before they fly. He truly hates birds.

Last edited by BIGSHOVEL; October 20th, 2011 at 09:57 PM.
    And if you want to race, name the place and I'll show you where it's at mother f@#$&#!

(Philadelphia County)

Got a squirrel last weekend. Going for another walk Saturday afternoon.

(Montgomery County)

I was out the opener for Squirrel last Saturday and got the only two I saw. Was pretty windy so I wasn't expecting much. Flushed a woodcock but didn't have a shot.

I'm going to camp for Turkey/Grouse 11/4-11/7. It'll be my first time for both. I always flush grouse but this will be my first time at camp for anything other than deer and fishing.

I've had some bad experiences opening day locally because of the crowds so I think I might take my time getting there and wait for the crowds to leave. I've been lucky as I've always managed to get a pheasant regardless. I'm thinking of fishing or sitting for squirrel in the morning and taking the dog out in the afternoon for a while and see what he thinks he's hunting for... he's more of a companion than a hunter, some days he wants to be a rabbit dog others he wants to be a bird dog, whatever he is that day the opposite game will be around. But I like having him around.
    Last edited by soup; October 21st, 2011 at 08:07 AM. Reason: wrong dates....

(Philadelphia County)

I am gonna be up on 106 saturday

(Allegheny County)

Didn’t go out for squirrel on Sat 10-15,2011 way TOO Windy, beautifully day for hunting on Sunday but at last we are still prohibited by the old 1873 blue law banning SH unless HB 1760 get passed.

IF you like the option to go Sunday Hunting by adding a extra day for the freedom of choice to go hunting.

We can sure use your help here to change the state law, read details here

http://forum.pafoa.org/hunting-23/13...pa-page-6.html

Much like soup will probably go out in the afternoon after the crowds get thinner depending on the weather of course as it cold and rainy here is SW PA on Friday, weather forcast calls for a "decent" day for Sat opener, but they said that last weekend too.

BIGSHOVEL what do you do with all those feather from the male wood duck?

The lemon yellow ones on the side I was particular asking about as they very useful for making artificial flies for fishing.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Lancaster County)

I have been finding out the rather embarassing way that small game hunting is NOT as easy as it seems at first glance. It's pointing how much my skills need sharpening, hence why it is always recommended as a skill sharpener.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast