Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default NFA/Class III Stamp in Washington County

I live in Washington County and I am wondering how difficult it would be to get the CLEO signature that's needed in order to obtain a SBR or Suppressor? I heard that the Sheriffs Dept would probably sign it. And I did get my CCW permit at the Sheriffs Dept as well. Does anyone have any experience with this that could give me some input? Thanks in advance!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: NFA/Class III Stamp in Washington County

moved to the NFA forum... this is where it belongs

good luck!!

Reminder, if the CLEO wont sign, there's other options to bypass the jackwagon.. corporate, or trust.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Armstrong County)

We have a good number of customers from Washington County. They got their sign offs with no issues.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny27 View Post
    I live in Washington County and I am wondering how difficult it would be to get the CLEO signature that's needed in order to obtain a SBR or Suppressor? I heard that the Sheriffs Dept would probably sign it. And I did get my CCW permit at the Sheriffs Dept as well. Does anyone have any experience with this that could give me some input? Thanks in advance!
    Washington county sheriff dept will sign and even do finger prints cards if you ask nicely. you supply the cards

Call first to make sure they have a deputy there available to do the finger print cards, sometime they are all deployed or busy with other stuff if you just show up.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Washington County)

Thanks for the heads-up guys!I'm just doing my homework before I jump in head first. However, I do have another question: in regards to full auto weapons, I know you can't have one that's not prior to 1986. So my question is how are people getting full auto AK's and such guns? Is it possible to just get a sear amd drop it in a gun? The whole NFA thing is quite new to me, so I'm just trying to figure everything out. Thanks!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny27 View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up guys!I'm just doing my homework before I jump in head first. However, I do have another question: in regards to full auto weapons, I know you can't have one that's not prior to 1986. So my question is how are people getting full auto AK's and such guns? Is it possible to just get a sear amd drop it in a gun? The whole NFA thing is quite new to me, so I'm just trying to figure everything out. Thanks!
    People are not just getting transferable MG, everything "go fast" you can buy as a individual (not SOT) was registered before the NFA books was closed in 1986.

Each MG firearm has a registered part with a serial number and a piece of paper from the NFA that makes it legal to own. Some registered part is the reciver, some its a sear, some its the bolt, or some other part

It that piece of paperwork that makes them so expensive as the amount of MG was fixed amount in 1986.

LE and SOT (MG) dealers can buy a newly manufactured MG for less than 2K and the same thing for a pre 86 used MG can be 3K to 20K or more because its the basic law of supply and demand that effects the price.

to buy a MG you either transfer (or buy) from a SOT (class three) dealer or from a private individual transfer on a form 4 both require approval by the NFA 1st

so called entry level MG - Mac's and tube guns starting price is around 3K plus you can buy the same brand new semi version for less than 500 bucks in most cases.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Washington County)

Thumbs up Re: NFA/Class III Stamp in Washington County

Thanks everyone for the info!

(Washington County)

This is an old thread, I know, but Im glad to hear this.

I would like to send my lower out to be engraved before I start the SBR process, to make sure it is done correctly and there are no problems.

I was wondering what the reputation of the Washington Co. CLEO was.
    Sounds like it should be no problem.

(Allegheny County)

Call the sheriff office

724-228-6840 Ask to speak to a officer, be specfic on what you want, if they don't know ask for to speak to another offfice that will know, leave your phone number and name as they don't fly behind a desk all day, they go into the field where they can do the most good

the washington co sheriff and many of the deputies are good guys, some even got NFA items themselves.

If your SBR is done by a SOT that has had dealing the Washinton Co will be even easier not a condition, just trust bond forged over time