Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (York County)

Default Re: Pistol Magazine Size Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by rikilii View Post
    Unless you're talking about simply driving through those states pursuant to the Federal firearm transportation law, I suggest you just don't carry in those state. I don't think any states with a magazine capacity limit have carry reciprocity with PA or any other state for that matter.

NY and NJ certainly do not.
    Ok. I haven't looked at all the states requirements yet, or if there even was a state that reciprocated with PA but had a mag capacity limit. I thinking more as a just in case, plus I plan on getting my nonresident FL permit soon.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Pistol Magazine Size Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by BioHazard74D View Post
    Ok. I haven't looked at all the states requirements yet, or if there even was a state that reciprocated with PA but had a mag capacity limit. I thinking more as a just in case, plus I plan on getting my nonresident FL permit soon.
    The rest of the country is unlike Pa. Not all of them have State-wide firearm possession protection. There are many states that do not have laws like we do that protect you from local governments from imposing their own restrictions on firearms and ammunition. It is possible to be in a state with Pa reciprocity but also be within a local municipality that has it's on restrictions on not only firearms ownership & possession, but also magazine and ammunition limitations. Colorado for example is pretty good with firearms laws, but Denver has it's own laws much like the assault weapon ban which includes magazine capacity restrictions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123