Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default I finally got my swamp donkey

I took the old man hunting today instead of the women cause i knew he wouldnt wanna sit by me.I got to my stand by this field i have been watching around 3.by 4 i fired 3 shots out of ol' smokey and ended up with a beautiful doe.also had a massive 8 point about 10 yards from me and seen 8 other doe in an hour of hunting.Im so happy right now its crazy.i hope the link for the pic works(was only able to upload it to facebook)(its my ncle in the pic)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=1&theater

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: I finally got my swamp donkey

Just tried the link and it worked fine for me.If anyone has trouble with it ill have to make a photobucket account.enjoy everyone

Nice doe. Just curious what happened on the other two shots?
    Jules

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Nice doe. Just curious what happened on the other two shots?
    Jules
    Yes do tell... Inquireing minds want to know why three bangs an only one doe lol

Congrats and nice shot too
    ZRT: SECTOR 3(SNIPER) Among othe tasks...

Quote Originally Posted by toadyoforangeville View Post
    Yes do tell... Inquireing minds want to know why three bangs an only one doe lol

Congrats and nice shot too
    I have had hangfires because of damp pan powder etc....I am not suggesting that you are a poor shot. Just wondering what the circumstances were. Oh, I have flat out missed with the flintlock as well...
    Jules

(Columbia County)

And ive missed them at 20yds with a centerfire lol it happens and with fizzlesticks they go off whenever they damn well please, from 10 second fizzle to bang then fizzle or thats what it seemed like also had a thoop n watched the ball basicly roll out the barrel (thats #1 reason why you dont let your dad load your gun, but he missed a doe that evening lol toilet papper makes a shitty bullet.....)
    ZRT: SECTOR 3(SNIPER) Among othe tasks...

(Luzerne County)

The first shot was at a big doe feeding at about 125 yards.complete miss on my part.Then 2 more doe ran about 20 yards in front of my and made it to the corn while i had a big buck running with a fawn about 10 yards in front of me and i didnt wanna shoot a fawn.Then a big doe tried squirting across the field at about 90 yards.Yup,i missed again.At this point i was seeing deer running everywhere.I reloaded the fizzle stick as fast as i could breaking the ramming part of the rod off in the barrel.I turned to my right and to my suprise that one was standing infront of some bushes in the field.The gun went off and she disapeared.I walked over after about half an hour and seen her laying in the weeds.I went and checked where i shot at the other deer at just to make sure they were clean misses.

(Clarion County)

You got me all set to see a Moose from your title But nice doe! And I aint saying anything about the first two shot, I didnt even get a shot off yet!!!!
    "Aint no sense in being dumb if'n ya don't show it once in a while"

Quote Originally Posted by disturbed View Post
    The first shot was at a big doe feeding at about 125 yards.complete miss on my part.Then 2 more doe ran about 20 yards in front of my and made it to the corn while i had a big buck running with a fawn about 10 yards in front of me and i didnt wanna shoot a fawn.Then a big doe tried squirting across the field at about 90 yards.Yup,i missed again.At this point i was seeing deer running everywhere.I reloaded the fizzle stick as fast as i could breaking the ramming part of the rod off in the barrel.I turned to my right and to my suprise that one was standing infront of some bushes in the field.The gun went off and she disapeared.I walked over after about half an hour and seen her laying in the weeds.I went and checked where i shot at the other deer at just to make sure they were clean misses.
    Glad that you saw so many deer!
    Jules

(Luzerne County)

Thanks,ive been seeing multiple deer everytime im out but this is the first time i closed the deal this year in Pa.You know its kinda funny,all the guys in my area drive almost an hour outside of the city to hunt the popular game lands or private proprety.I did that the last few years and was successful.I started hunting some earth conserency property literally 4 miles from the city and the hunting is incredible.I also found a couple small wood lots that are packed with game.I cant justify driving 50 miles when i could go around the block and have the same results.By the way,I live in the middle of the ghetto

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast