Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stupid cop stuff

The following link brought back an event that happened back when I was a cop, 1995 or late 1994. Either way, the statement by the "COP" don't pull it out of the holster etc...or you better keep in holstered etc...

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...day-night.html

Stupid acts by stupid cops. In this story, the stupid cop was my Chief of Police and retired Army Master Sergeant Viet nam vet, Infantyman no less. To this day, I wonder how he survived Nam as he's a tool.

Story is as follows:
    I'm prowling around looking for criminals at O dark thirty and I observe a car with no tag light. So, I flip around and stop the car. I approach the driver and immediately detect alcohol. I ask him to get out of the vehicle and when he starts to get out, so does the passenger. I tell the passenger to stay seated, he hesitates and argues how he is only 1 block from home etc..and continues to exit the vehicle. His sweatshirt rides up and I clearly see a semi auto handgun tucked into the back of his pants. I push the driver away from me, draw down on the passenger and order him to place his hands on the roof of the car. He takes off running instead, reaches for and removed the gun from his waist band, and runs off into the night. I didn't give foot chase as I figured I would figure out who he was via having the driver in custody etc...which, is how it turned out. So, I get warrents for the guy a couple hours later and go pick up Mr. Rabbit. He doesn't have the gun, we search his house and find nothing. Turns our, Mr. Rabbit is a felon and is the brother of the Dispatcher I was working with and the brother to the next town over Chief of Police. My Chief, being fully willing to throw me under the bus to the other chief by accusing me of lying about the situation infront of the Rabbits brother, finally believes me and Mr. Rabbit admits to having a gun. He says he tossed it running behind some houses. So, we load up, go out to where he says he tossed it and before my very eyes, my Chief not only unhandcuffs the guy but pulls out his gun and hands it to the guy while instructing him to run like he did from me and toss the gun as before so it would give us a locationi to start our search. Myself, the Asst. Chief and another patrolman draw our weapons again while yelling at the Chief that he just gave the guy a loaded gun. The Chief realizing his mistake, grabs his gun back, unloads it, and still gives it to the perp. No shit, the perp actually runs and throws the Chiefs gun in a pile of rubble. It gets banged up a bit and we suggest to the Chief that this is not a good plan, about the 100th time we all said this. He blows off our protests and has the guy do the same thing three or four more times. I personally think the perp was purposefully throwing the Chief's gun into the rock pile on purpose but hey, the Chief knows everything right?

We never did find the gun so when it was all said and done, he got a citation for public drunk of some other stupid thing, paid a fine, and went about his merry way.

Moral of the story, one does not need to be smart, intelligent, or have common sense to be a police officer much less a Chief but rather a yes man to whatever the elected officials want. So, with that, you get stupid shit said by stupid cops.

CL

(Perry County)

Default Re: Stupid cop stuff

See, you guys just weren't crooked enough. When the chief handed the bad guy his gun, he was again a felon in possession. Problem solved.

There are some stupid people that are handed a badge. Some crazy ones too. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1470672/posts That is a function of paying the lowest price possible for police service.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    See, you guys just weren't crooked enough. When the chief handed the bad guy his gun, he was again a felon in possession. Problem solved.

There are some stupid people that are handed a badge. Some crazy ones too. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1470672/posts That is a function of paying the lowest price possible for police service.
    Is that really being crooked though? The guy, knowing he is prohibited, should have refused the offer. I'd say it's more crooked to not arrest him for it, and arrest the chief for providing a firearm to a prohibited person.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lawrence County)

That story made me lol. What a dumb ass.

(Delaware County)

i hope he is not the chief anymore...

(Montgomery County)

That story made me lol, and then it made me sad.

(Philadelphia County)

I'm gonna pretend I didn't just read this thread. Thanks.

My mind is full of fuck.

You got to be kidding me right?! In other words.....WTF!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    . . . arrest the chief for providing a firearm to a prohibited person.
    i like this idea.

In movies, when the armed cops hand the felon a gun out in the woods and tell him to start running, it usually has a different ending.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast