Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default Hello everyone im new here

Im Steve im not too sure where to post just yet, but I'd like to say hi and this forum seems like a nice place!! Anyway I just read about somebody getting a pistol with no papers isnt that like a criminal buying a gun off the street?!

How is this possible

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Hello everyone im new here

Quote Originally Posted by M2tactical View Post
    Im Steve im not too sure where to post just yet, but I'd like to say hi and this forum seems like a nice place!! Anyway I just read about somebody getting a pistol with no papers isnt that like a criminal buying a gun off the street?!

How is this possible
    Welcome.

There are a few ways that a non-prohibited person can legally acquire a pistol in PA without going through an FFL with the associated background checks. For example, a pistol may be transferred between spouses, or between parents and adult children, within the state.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by M2tactical View Post

How is this possible
    In PA the only ways to get a handgun without papers is either illegally, or legally from a transfer between spouses, parent/child, or grandparent/grandchild, or through a bequest in a will or inherited via intestate succession, or to make one from scratch.

There are only 5 states that have registration, and maybe 5 others that require some sort of recorded transfer or mandatory background check first. Residents of the other 39-40 states can buy/sell handguns on the streets legally without any papers.
    Last edited by knight0334; October 16th, 2011 at 11:12 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lehigh County)

Not legal unless it's transferred within the family

edit: treed!

(Lebanon County)

Thanx for the info guys.. I read yesturday of straw purchases and some other stuff i didnt understand its always cool to learn new stuff!!