Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sr9c

(Fulton County)

Default sr9c

Picked up a new sr9c a couple of days ago. I took it apart and cleaned it, cycled the slide a couple of times, then off I went.

Put 50 rounds of Blazer Brass 124g fmj through it without 1 single issue today. The gun came from MD so it came with 2 ten round mags. Gun is very well balanced and shoots very well. I did adjust the sights as it was shooting a little left for me. Has very nice sights (compared to my j-frame) and decent trigger. I like the idea of having the manual safety, but not thrilled about the loaded chamber indicator.

Overall, I love it! Can't wait to fire it again. http://forum.pafoa.org/attachment.ph...1&d=1318807648
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: sr9c

Cool! What made you choose the black instead of the silver? Does it look as nice as it does in person? Also, you mentioned you received it with 2 10-round magazines. Can you still purchase the grip extension with the 15 or 17 round? (I forget how many)

(Montgomery County)

I have both the SR9 and SR9C and I too have had ZERO issues. If you detail strip and clean the striker channel and all factory grease before use - you'll be in love with it!

The SR9C has a slightly better trigger than the big brother, but they both are extremely accurate and have great features. It's my favorite gun on the market.

Glad you're enjoying yours and hope you continue to!

(Lehigh County)

I may pick up the SR40 tomorrow. I've been researching for almost a month and narrowed it down to this or the Beretta Storm. I have several pistols/revolvers that are small enough to CC, I feel like I want a full size now.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Storm88000 View Post
    Cool! What made you choose the black instead of the silver? Does it look as nice as it does in person? Also, you mentioned you received it with 2 10-round magazines. Can you still purchase the grip extension with the 15 or 17 round? (I forget how many)
    yeah you can get the grip extention and the 17 rounders on their website or almost any online gun site now...

OP... if you dont like the loaded chamber indicator you can grind down the front post that way it doesnt go up when there is a round in the chamber.. if you want any aftermarket parts your best bet is galloway precision.... lots of stuff there for the sr9/c/40... or ghost triggers... glad ya like it man... if you have any questions on how to detail strip or anything about the gun sent a message to jhearne over on rugerforums... the guy knows almost as much about these guns as ruger does.. and he ets to test all the new stuff for um from galloway.. lucky bastard

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Storm88000 View Post
    I picked it up privately, so I didn't get a choice on the color. Guy I got it from is an older gent and trouble racking and releasing the slide. I got a great deal on the gun. It even came with a rail mounted laser, which I promptly removed. I'll probably put it back on because my son wants to shoot it with the laser on. (soon as his math grade comes up)

Anyone know how much the 17 rounder adds to the grip?

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by 60-15 View Post
    I picked it up privately, so I didn't get a choice on the color. Guy I got it from is an older gent and trouble racking and releasing the slide. I got a great deal on the gun. It even came with a rail mounted laser, which I promptly removed. I'll probably put it back on because my son wants to shoot it with the laser on. (soon as his math grade comes up)

Anyone know how much the 17 rounder adds to the grip?
    Here are some pics with the extended grip... From the top of the slide to the bottom of the extended magazine is 5.5 inches...
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looks like my SR9C instead of two 10 round magazine I got the 1 10 rounder and 1 17 round mag. My gun the more common SS slide and blk frame. It is like this thread mention a pretty easy to shoot gun everything in the right place. i did find that my gun has the magazine release safety disconnected. I read and heard on Utube that this gun had a Mag release safety (the gun won't fire unless the mag in place) as stated my MRS is disconnected. It fires w/o the mag in place on this pistol. That's not a big deal everything else works great.
    With 17 round mag in its almost as big as my G19 or G23.

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    That looks like my SR9C instead of two 10 round magazine I got the 1 10 rounder and 1 17 round mag. My gun the more common SS slide and blk frame. It is like this thread mention a pretty easy to shoot gun everything in the right place. i did find that my gun has the magazine release safety disconnected. I read and heard on Utube that this gun had a Mag release safety (the gun won't fire unless the mag in place) as stated my MRS is disconnected. It fires w/o the mag in place on this pistol. That's not a big deal everything else works great.
    With 17 round mag in its almost as big as my G19 or G23.
    The gun I have in the shop will fire without a magazine as well...

(Tioga County)

That is good to know as ive been doing some real looking at this gun. And im going to order one this coming friday when i get paid... I have a M&P 40 already. And want a 9mm and fell in love with this one...

And my brother has the SR40, which i like as well. Almost exactly like my M&P... both shoot a lil left.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast