Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Attention Ridge and Valley Gun Club Semi-Auto Shooters!

Starting today, 10/16, there is a new Facebook Page, "Ridge and Valley Gun Club Semi-Auto Shooters". Feel free to like it, spread it, and join it.

We are a group of active members at the Ridge and Valley Rod & Gun Club in Coopersburg, PA interested in the preservation of our club and its future for semi-automatic shooters. This is an open forum for sharing ideas.

This is NOT a sanctioned page by any club official. We are a group of Independence gun owners. Anyone can post and share information about our club, our rules, our upcoming elections, and our future.

http://www.facebook.com/rvgcsemishooters

We need our semi-auto shooters to make more of a presence both online, at the range, and most importantly - at the club meetings every 3rd Wednesday of the month.

It is very clear that there is a move to make Ridge and Valley Rod & Gun Club a TRAP and SHOTGUN ONLY club, as well as a single-shot, or three-shot club. We do not want this. As semi-auto shooters, we do not want this. We want to preserve the rights of semi-auto shooters at the club, and not only what we currently have, but also want to see this club progress into the 21st century with new ranges, longer ranges, full auto, and Class III/Title II fairness!
    Last edited by FireGS; October 16th, 2011 at 06:18 PM.
    Join the CHAT! Http://www.pa-zrt.com

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Attention Ridge and Valley Gun Club Semi-Auto Shooters!

Sam,
    I'm not sure how clear this move is, as I've not heard of it before your posting. But, I'm in full agreement that we have to find out who these people are that want to make our club a shotgunning and single shot club, only. As a proud owner off a couple dozen semi-auto firearms (including AR, AK, two Marlin Camp carbines, a couple M1s, M14, Mini14, H&R Model 700, a couple .22s, as well as high cap mags (up to 75 round drum for my AK and 40s for my AR and Mini14, 30s for my M14, etc.etc.) long guns. I do not want to see this club turned into what you're saying. I do participate in the trap shooting and actually "work" in it, every Monday, as you know - but I've never heard that there are some who want to take away the semis. We need to find out who those people are and try to counteract their plans.
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by 32 Magnum View Post
    Sam,
    I'm not sure how clear this move is, as I've not heard of it before your posting. But, I'm in full agreement that we have to find out who these people are that want to make our club a shotgunning and single shot club, only. As a proud owner off a couple dozen semi-auto firearms (including AR, AK, two Marlin Camp carbines, a couple M1s, M14, Mini14, H&R Model 700, a couple .22s, as well as high cap mags (up to 75 round drum for my AK and 40s for my AR and Mini14, 30s for my M14, etc.etc.) long guns. I do not want to see this club turned into what you're saying. I do participate in the trap shooting and actually "work" in it, every Monday, as you know - but I've never heard that there are some who want to take away the semis. We need to find out who those people are and try to counteract their plans.
    Believe me, I'm just passing along the information I've received. This all needs to come out on record at the general membership meeting. We need to have people start asking the HARD questions, and asking people to name names, and stop this he said-she said nonsense. I'm glad to hear that you are FOR the Semi-Auto shooters, Jim. Very glad.
    Join the CHAT! Http://www.pa-zrt.com

(Northampton County)

Well, Sam, I guess the vote at the General Membership meeting put those rumors to bed, for good. Glad somebody finally brought the motion forward for a vote..
    Gotta get these guys out to the range one of these days:

IMG_2702_2.jpg

IMG_2708.jpg
    Last edited by 32 Magnum; October 21st, 2011 at 09:15 PM.
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

Thumbs up Re: Attention Ridge and Valley Gun Club Semi-Auto Shooters!

Quote Originally Posted by 32 Magnum View Post
    I guess the vote at the General Membership meeting put those rumors to bed, for good. Glad somebody finally brought the motion forward for a vote..
    It didn't take much to bury those rumors at all.