Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Glock dovetail size?

Can anyone tell me if glock sights are specific to the glock model? For instance, can sights for a Glock 17 fit a Glock 21? Is the dovetail size different? Thank you.

(Venango County)

Default Re: Glock dovetail size?

Should all be the same, I have never seen sights for a specific model.

(Lehigh County)

Oh ok, I looked at Trijicon's website for HD nights and I saw they listed out every model. Then on Brownell's, or some other place online, I saw it listed for just the Glock 17 so I was curious.

(Montgomery County)

The fitting of the sights to the slides is the same, however the height of the rear sight varies (6.1, 6.5, 6.9 and 7.3 mm).

A stock G17 rear sight is 6.5mm. A stock G21 is 6.9mm. (It is conceivable to see pistols come from the factory with different heights from stock as a result of tweaking after test firing.)

Here's a picture showing the markings on the rear sights which indicate the heights:

Last edited by toml; October 14th, 2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Added image link

(Lehigh County)

Thank you, that is very helpful. Definitely something that I was overlooking with the slight difference in rear sight heights. I am guessing this is also probably true for night sights. I can call Trijicon and find out for sure.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by toml View Post
    The fitting of the sights to the slides is the same, however the height of the rear sight varies (6.1, 6.5, 6.9 and 7.3 mm).

A stock G17 rear sight is 6.5mm. A stock G21 is 6.9mm. (It is conceivable to see pistols come from the factory with different heights from stock as a result of tweaking after test firing.)

Here's a picture showing the markings on the rear sights which indicate the heights:

Huh, I know they came in different heights, but I had no idea about those markings. Cool.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Cumberland County)

toml has it right, don,t forget glock also offers the same sights in steel for those that think the poly ones are cheap. glocks nite sites are offered in three sizes as follows: 6.1, 6.5, 6.9,. the trijicon nite sites they offer as well come in the same hieghts. if memory serves me correctly most of the other manufactures offer 2 different heights some maybe 3. to answer your original question , the dovetails are all the same between models.

(Venango County)

unless you have a reason to do not change the height from the factory height.

Quote Originally Posted by toml View Post

That's handy! I have a couple Glocks & I didn't know that.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Lehigh County)

OP, i saw you were from Allentown, i just bought a glock rear sight pusher and changed mine. if you need yours done, i can help you out if needed.