Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default albert einstein medical center in Philly

Anyone have any experience at this hospital in Philly's Olney section? I have to go up there tonight to get my wife, and may have to hang around for a while. I was wondering if they have metal detectors or anything like that at the door. (I don't have my car, but my parents car, meaning no gun safe).
    The neighborhoods I have to drive through to get there means I'm most likely not leaving the house without my firearm. Thanks!
    J.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: albert einstein medical center in Philly

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyec View Post
    Anyone have any experience at this hospital in Philly's Olney section? I have to go up there tonight to get my wife, and may have to hang around for a while. I was wondering if they have metal detectors or anything like that at the door. (I don't have my car, but my parents car, meaning no gun safe).
    The neighborhoods I have to drive through to get there means I'm most likely not leaving the house without my firearm. Thanks!
    J.
    Man if you have to go near Olney you should have govt subsidized firearms.

No idea on the rule but let me check around.

(Delaware County)

Ha!
    Thanks for checking though ...
    J.

(Montgomery County)

Ha!
    Thanks for checking though ...
    J.
    Sure thing, I have found anything yet, but worse to worse you can always call.

(Bucks County)

J.
    My MiL works there, but she's not available for me to ask her tonight. Sorry.

My wife used to work there, but it was years ago and things might have changed. According to her, they were starting to install detectors at the Emergency room doors, but not the normal hospital entrances. But things could be different
    Last edited by bigdawgbeav; October 14th, 2011 at 08:48 PM.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Montgomery County)

I was there a few months ago. They had no metal detectors or other obvious security. I did not see signs prohibiting carry, but I did not look too hard either. I had a 1911 on my right hip and a snub .357 in my left cargo pocket. Keep it concealed and you should be fine.

The only parking available was in the garage, so I entered through there. Given what a lovely neighborhood it is I would recommend against street parking.

Good luck.
    Are we winning hearts, when we should be bagging bodies?

I read the Guidelines for Visitors on their site. No mention of firearms. Given the area, I suspect there is a negative attitude toward carry. But, the other poster had no problems so use that as your guide.

(Montgomery County)

I know this thread is a little old but thought i'd update it in case people come by it like I did. As of july 1st 2012 there is a clause in their visitor policies that states no weapons or contraband the policy is found at http://www.einstein.edu/patients-vis...icies/general/

POLICIES

Two bedside visitors at a time. Exceptions may be made for patients who require an additional person(s), such as a language interpreter, to be present.
    Visitor passes. Passes must be obtained from the information desk, located in the main lobbies, prior to seeing a patient.
    Children age 12 and under need permission to visit. Permission may be obtained by a nursing supervisor.
    Stay home if you’re sick. We ask those suffering from colds, coughs or other illnesses refrain from visitation until they are well.
    No latex balloons. Out of concern for those with allergies to latex, only Mylar balloons are permitted in our facilities.
    No weapons or contraband are permitted on Einstein property.

I have to go down there tomorrow and i'm glad i checked into this it really isn't a great area at all but the second worst thing about it is the attitude of the philadelphia police.

(Philadelphia County)

Note: IANAL, and I'm not advocating that anyone do anything illegal

@lantech - Are there armed guards/security inside the hospital that you're aware of? If I were ever in the Olney area (and if Philly ever decides to give me my LTCF ), I'd certainly be carrying, regardless of where I was and what the rules were. Breaking a rule is one thing, but ensuring my safety is another. As always, if it is properly concealed, I'd assume that I'd not attract any unneeded attention, and moreover, if I were in a situation where I'd actually need to draw... well, then I'd find it worth it to deal with the consequences. That's just my 0.02 and what I would do.

(Chester County)

Security is NOT armed. They are Act 235 w/ batons.

I don't recall seeing metal detectors ever.
    FOAC Volunteer. NREMT-P. NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor & RSO. BSA Rangemaster. Act 235.
    Selling: Remington R1 1911

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast