Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Carbon County)

Default Vote Armbruster for Carbon County Sheriff

Here's your chance to vote for a Sheriff who will actually look out for peoples 2A rights instead of "Just doing what he's told". Steve Armbruster. He has over 20 years of LEO experience and is a card carrying OATH KEEPER (oathkeepers.org). In fact he has proven himself to stand up for peoples 1st amendment rights in Kutztown, PA when he refused to throw a christian organization off campus just for speaking their minds. The threat of administrative discipline did not dissuade him from standing up for the bill of rights. And, for anybody who knows about Sheriff Richard Mack (and if you don't you should), there will be a chapter on Steve's 1st Amendment case in Mack's latest book.

You can read all about him on his web site:
    http://armbruster4sheriff.com

Everybody on this forum is a big fan of 2a and wants to defeat anti-gun legislation and laws. Here is your chance to do something about it on the local level.

So how is Armbruster going to stand up for your rights? Just take a look at the web site to find out.

I know Steve personally and can attest to his motivation to apply constitutional law to every situation and to his decency as a person and friend.
    Last edited by lewprinting; October 14th, 2011 at 08:42 PM.

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Vote Armbruster for Carbon County Sheriff

There will be a debate between Steve Armbruster and the Current Sheriff THIS MONDAY NIGHT. Get there and see for yourself or watch it on TV. Here's the info:

http://www.tnonline.com/2011/oct/12/...debates-monday

"Election debates Monday
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011
    By RON GOWER rgower@tnonline.com

Candidates for Carbon County Commissioner and county sheriff will participate in a debate on Monday, Oct. 17.

The event, sponsored by the Lehighton 9/12 Project, will be held at Jim Thorpe Memorial Hall and begins at 7 p.m. It will be broadcast live on Blue Ridge Communications TV 13.

The moderator is Kim Bell, general manager of Blue Ridge Communications TV 13.

The first half-hour will involve the two candidates for sheriff Dwight Nothstein and Steve Armbruster.

Nothstein, the incumbent, is running on the Democratic ticket and Armbruster is a Republican candidate.

The following 90 minutes will be for the commissioner candidates.

Each candidate will have 90 seconds to answer questions and the other candidates will have 30 seconds for a rebuttal.

"The debate will also include questions from the audience," Bell said, "and we are allowing the candidates to ask their opponents one question."

Democratic candidates for commissioner, both incumbents, are Charles Getz and William O'Gurek.

Republican candidates are Thomas C. Gerhard and incumbent Wayne Nothstein.

Sandy Dellecker, president of the Lehighton 9/12 Project, said members of the public are encouraged to attend the event at Memorial Hall.

She said some of the candidates will be there and will have their campaign literature available from 5:30 to 6:45 p.m.

Dellecker said audience members who want to ask questions should submit them on a 3-by-5 card. Selected questions will be asked by the moderator."

I have seen Armbruster and Nothstein speak and answer questions at the "Meet the Candidates" event a couple of months ago.

This much I can tell you: After you see these two guys at the debate the choice will be very clear. I am 100% confident that Steve is going to cream Nothstein on ideals....... Hands down. He did it before, he'll do it again. Don't take my word for it. Check it out for yourself.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I just checked out his site. Good stuff. What he says makes sense. I wonder if he, as sheriff, would do fingerprints for nonresident carry permit applications, as the Fern Ridge state police declined my request, claiming that a Virginia carry permit is not valid in Pennsylvania!
    ...and they have a plan...

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I just checked out his site. Good stuff. What he says makes sense. I wonder if he, as sheriff, would do fingerprints for nonresident carry permit applications, as the Fern Ridge state police declined my request, claiming that a Virginia carry permit is not valid in Pennsylvania!
    PM Sent...............

Quote Originally Posted by lewprinting View Post
    PM Sent...............
    I received it.

I will give him a call. I mentioned the sheriff, because I asked them earler this year after after being told no by Fern Ridge State police. The sheriff's office ended up deferred to the state police. At the time, I was considering getting a Virginia carry permit, because there are two on-line trainings that qualify for a Virginia permit. The only difficulty for me is that Virginia requires fingerprints to be done by law enforcement, and be done for each renewal. With no law enforcement agency willing to print me, I gave up. It became easier to pay a non-law enforcement agency for fingerprints and apply for a arizone carry permit. All this work so I can carry a firearm on an upcoming Delaware beach vacation!

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I received it.

I will give him a call. I mentioned the sheriff, because I asked them earler this year after after being told no by Fern Ridge State police. The sheriff's office ended up deferred to the state police. At the time, I was considering getting a Virginia carry permit, because there are two on-line trainings that qualify for a Virginia permit. The only difficulty for me is that Virginia requires fingerprints to be done by law enforcement, and be done for each renewal. With no law enforcement agency willing to print me, I gave up. It became easier to pay a non-law enforcement agency for fingerprints and apply for a arizone carry permit. All this work so I can carry a firearm on an upcoming Delaware beach vacation!
    Well, hopefully he will be able to give you some advice. Could you get printed in VA? I know it's a haul but it would take care of the problem if you could.

Quote Originally Posted by lewprinting View Post
    Well, hopefully he will be able to give you some advice. Could you get printed in VA? I know it's a haul but it would take care of the problem if you could.
    I was going to consider it on the way to vacation in Florida this past summer, but an extra stop (assuming one) didn't fit into the plan at the time, not to mention that I was in Virginia from 1am to 6am on the way back! The drag with Virginia is that they want a new set of finger prints every 5 years. Utah and Arizona just need one set initially.