Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Thumbs up Some great Bucks County License News (You can use a PDF found online)

So I called the Bucks County Sheriff's Firearm Department (the number listed on the Bucks Website as being in Doylestown) and found out you can use a blank pdf of the form found on the web, BUT I only asked about this one (and read off the SP number in the background). This is great if you only have a small amount of time to get the form dropped off. You can also fill it out before hand too. I didn't ask about signing it, so you might want to hold off until you are there.

http://www.co.venango.pa.us/index.ph...id=388&Itemid=

Now I'll actually be off on Monday, so just maybe I can drop this off then!

I hope I can do it then as they said they are never open on weekends.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Some great Bucks County License News (You can use a PDF found online)

Did they also mention printing both pages on one sheet? Some sheriffs are sticklers for that....

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Some great Bucks County License News (You can use a PDF found online)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Did they also mention printing both pages on one sheet? Some sheriffs are sticklers for that....
    I didn't think to ask, guess it would be prudent to do both and shred the unused one.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    When I got my LTCF a few months ago, I only printed out and turned in the 1st sheet. The 2nd was only instructions. They didn't say anything to me about the 2nd sheet missing since there is nothing to fill out on there.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    When I got my LTCF a few months ago, I only printed out and turned in the 1st sheet. The 2nd was only instructions. They didn't say anything to me about the 2nd sheet missing since there is nothing to fill out on there.
    That's true, I suspect some want a complete form if the hard copy is one sheet so that it mirrors the original.

That said I've done tons of forms (loan consolidation among others) and never submitted the instruction sheets.

(Tioga County)

If you fill out the Philly application that you downloaded, the instructions clearly state that all pages must be turned in including the instructions.

In your case, better to have more paperwork than you need so you don't end up wasting a trip.
    MikeP

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gfanikf View Post
    That's true, I suspect some want a complete form if the hard copy is one sheet so that it mirrors the original.
    If you want to mirror the form that the Bucks county has, lower the resolution and make a copy of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, until it looks like you sneezed on the scanner.

Seriously, when I went 2 years ago the forms were such a poor copy they looked like crap.

gfanikf, don't forget to pick up your free PA Firearms law book.
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
    If you fill out the Philly application that you downloaded, the instructions clearly state that all pages must be turned in including the instructions.

In your case, better to have more paperwork than you need so you don't end up wasting a trip.
    Since it says that, then I would just turn it in.

I have to say it's nice to find a blank one, as the others I've found have the county filled in and I don't think other counties would be cool with you just crossing or whiting it out, though you could edit the PDF and just erase that part, but that's more effort than it is to use the blank one. lol

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by kadar View Post
    If you want to mirror the form that the Bucks county has, lower the resolution and make a copy of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, of a copy, until it looks like you sneezed on the scanner.

Seriously, when I went 2 years ago the forms were such a poor copy they looked like crap.
    LOL.

gfanikf, don't forget to pick up your free PA Firearms law book.
    Sweet a free book is always nice.

Oh this is pretty nice for filling out a PDF form without needing to edit it or anything. You can just upload the doc or put the url in. You can even sign it. It basically puts images over the original doc and then when you're done it saves them all as one doc. Really nice when I briefly tested it.
    https://www.pdffiller.com/

I know PA allows 45 days to issue, but does anyone know an average with Bucks and if it's 45 days or 45 business days?

I don't have any criminal record or other issues...well besides two tickets (speeding and rolling a stop sign, but neither had any points). I'm also using my SSN to speed things up. I've used it for so many other gov docs and such, I'm fine with it.

(Tioga County)

MikeP

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast