Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Can't decide on my next buy...

So I have some extra cash coming in from work and I'm probably going to spend it on my toys, but I'm torn on my next purchase. While I've been planning on picking up a new scope (Burris TAC30) and trigger (Geissele SD-E) for my AR...

But I've been tempted to pick up the sidearm I've wanted for a number of years, the FN Five Seven. Which is a total luxury because it would make way more sense to get a nice 1911.

So, my question is, should I just pickup the AR parts and save the extra cash? Or pick up the Five-Seven for about $1K for no other reason than I want it and have a desire to punish myself with expensive and hard to find ammo?

Default Re: Can't decide on my next buy...

Punish away my friend. I bought a "novelty" pistol a while back. Desert Eagle in .50 AE. It will eventually "run its course" in my collection and can be sold or traded for decent cash or something I actually need. I think you will find yourself in the same spot with the FiveSeven!
    Jules

You can get a very good 1911 for around $600, or less if you don't mind a Taurus, or one of the Armscor 1911's. There are high cap mags out there that would get you close to what the FN will hold, as well. The Ruger SR is in this price range, as well.
    I believe the FN is like a little hand held AR, and you already have one of those. I would get the parts for the AR and the 1911, and then some 1911 ammo. If the thousand bucks isn't going to set you back and you can afford the 5-7 ammo, then go that way. The FN Five-SeveN is a pistol on just about everyone's wish list. I know it is on mine. It is a gun that you can fight with, as well, so it may not end up being something you will want to sell later. Don't see many of these used, out there.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Butler County)

I'd get a nice 1911 just from the ammo stand point. 5.7 is kinda odd and pricey. More ammo=more shooting

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    You can get a very good 1911 for around $600, or less if you don't mind a Taurus, or one of the Armscor 1911's. There are high cap mags out there that would get you close to what the FN will hold, as well. The Ruger SR is in this price range, as well.
    I believe the FN is like a little hand held AR, and you already have one of those. I would get the parts for the AR and the 1911, and then some 1911 ammo. If the thousand bucks isn't going to set you back and you can afford the 5-7 ammo, then go that way. The FN Five-SeveN is a pistol on just about everyone's wish list. I know it is on mine. It is a gun that you can fight with, as well, so it may not end up being something you will want to sell later. Don't see many of these used, out there.
    you can find a 1911 with 20 and 30 round magazines?

(Snyder County)

I say buy the Geissele which is roughly $200 then get the Tac 30 (I can get you one for $279)

then come and buy this Auto Ordnance 1911 100th anniversary edition I have for $589 (this is the only one I have and can get)

(Chester County)

All really good points. Thanks for the responses, and thanks fo the offer Delerius. I'll follow up with what I decide on. There's a strong chance I only pick up the scope and blow the rest on my kids for Xmas...

Quote Originally Posted by MTauss2000 View Post
    All really good points. Thanks for the responses, and thanks fo the offer Delerius. I'll follow up with what I decide on. There's a strong chance I only pick up the scope and blow the rest on my kids for Xmas...
    This way will save you the guilt complex you may develop when you look in the mirror. God bless you!
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.