Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Juniata County)

Default 22LR Steel Fun Shoot

We had a blast at the last one, so we're going to do it again!

Sunday October 30, signups start at 9:00, sight-in at 10:00, comp starts at 11:00. If you can't get there until 1:00, thats OK, come on out. $5/round, shoot as many rounds as you want. If you like to shoot a lot of rounds downrange - you need to make the trip.

We'll have Steel Swingers out to 200 yards (yes, a 22LR can hit targets out to 200 yards- -PA452 did it in style the last time with a suppressed CZ!), Silhouettes, some scored paper targets, a speed metal round - we'll have a lot of targets out there to shoot- -over 50 Steel Targets!

Suggestions: Bring lots of Ammo, you'll need it. Most shooters used almost a brick the last time. Also, bring lots of mags. We'll have an area for dueling with a fellow shooter, so if you've got a 22 pistol, bring it!

I'll gladly make my rest and bags available to use when I'm not shooting if you need them.

I'm not requiring Pre-registration deposit or anything, but I would like to know roughly how many to expect. Please PM me, or reply to the thread that you're coming.

We'll have Hot dogs, Hamburgers and drinks available.

The shoot will be at Juniata Sportsmen's Club. It痴 located between Port Royal, and Mifflin, on route 333.

From State College, take 322 East, to the Route 35 Mifflintown\McAlisterville exit. Turn Right, go through Mifflintown. Cross the Juniata River, stay on 35 through Mifflin, past the custard stand on the left. About a 1/4 mile past the custard stand, turn Left on Route 333. Go a couple miles; look for our sign on the right- -but you need to turn LEFT into the driveway, which we share with Route 333 Supply. Follow the lane up the hill, past the clubhouse, past the trap range to the rifle range on the left.

From Harrisburg, take 322 west to the Route 75/Port Royal exit. Take 75 toward Port Royal. Cross the Juniata River, stay on 75 through Port Royal. A the end of town turn RIGHT on to Route 333, go about a mile, turn Right into the driveway for Route 333 Supply. Follow the lane up the hill, past the clubhouse, past the trap range to the rifle range on the left.

Default Re: 22LR Steel Fun Shoot

I got out to this last month and I highly recommend it. You don't need expensive equipment (I did all the steel shooting out to 200 yards with my scope set at 4x), the ammo is cheap, and we had a great group of people and an awesome range setup. I've never had so many steel targets in front of me at one time. It was a blast, and yet it was cheap.

Below are a couple pics of the setup from last month. I was hoping to get more pics, but I only got a few. Most of the time when there was action, I was either shooting or spotting.

末末末末末末末末末末末末
    This shows much of the setup, although many of the targets are hard to see.

A little closer with the silhouette targets highlighted. They were a challenge to hit standing. 20 targets with 25 rounds. The most I got was 16.

(Juniata County)

Default Re: 22LR Steel Fun Shoot

Weather outlook is good, crossing fingers it holds out - Mostly sunny, 50 F. About as good as it gets this time of year, so throw on a sweatshirt and come on out and shoot!