Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default Magnum Research DE1911 G

I'm pretty interested in aquiring one of these. Anyone have any experience with this model or the compact model. Also has anyone seen any lying around in the local shops. Thanks guys your the best.

Default Re: Magnum Research DE1911 G

I have seen a few used one's in my area, one in a shop and three others at a show. They were in the $600 range if I remember correctly. None of them looked used so don't know what the trade was about. They are made by BUL, in Israel, who also builds the Charles Daly 1911.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Adams County)

Wait BUL makes the CD, I thought they had a falling out because BUL sold the CD design to MR. Either way I really hope to find one locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Maropowered383 View Post
    Wait BUL makes the CD, I thought they had a falling out because BUL sold the CD design to MR. Either way I really hope to find one locally.
    Didn't know about that. Now I have to research it and find out if I am dumber than I actually thought I was. Seems I read some time ago about an infringement suit, but I thought that was cleared up.

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Didn't know about that. Now I have to research it and find out if I am dumber than I actually thought I was. Seems I read some time ago about an infringement suit, but I thought that was cleared up.
    You must be right. CD 1911's are built by Armscor, in the Philippines. Dude, there is too much gun stuff for a 50 year old brain to keep up with.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    You must be right. CD 1911's are built by Armscor, in the Philippines. Dude, there is too much gun stuff for a 50 year old brain to keep up with.
    Its alright man, in my research of the gun I found this out. Apparently CD had an open forum and those people told them what they wanted on there 1911, then while creating the gun BUL (the maker) sold it to MR. I dont really think its too big of a deal because there isn't anything new on the pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Maropowered383 View Post
    Its alright man, in my research of the gun I found this out. Apparently CD had an open forum and those people told them what they wanted on there 1911, then while creating the gun BUL (the maker) sold it to MR. I dont really think its too big of a deal because there isn't anything new on the pistol.
    I was digging through some reviews that I found on Google and do not see anything dishearting. I will tell you that it is a very nice looking 1911, not like some of the putrid looking, parkerized 1911's out there (got 4 PT 1911's in the easy rust, putrid parkerized black finish). Taurus isn't the only 1911 maker that puts this nasty finish on a gun. MR does not do it.
    Last edited by harold63; October 13th, 2011 at 12:15 AM. Reason: can't spell and punctuate for crap, tonight.

(Adams County)

Good to hear, I hate the big writing on the left side of the firearm, but the rest of the gun I believe makes up for it. I hope I can find one locally, before ordering because I really want to handle a few.

(Northampton County)

The desert eagle series are very nice affordable and well made. They always get good reviews, read the comments at budsgunshop.com. The large lettering on the left side is really the only thing that people complain about. They shoot nice and you can't beat the price I have been thinking about the commander model as well,but I really want the Dan Wesson CCO but thats double the price of the Desert eagle model. We should both get this one and have more money to spend on ammo.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Adams County)

Well after doing some searching around I went to my local shop (The Powder Horn McSherrystown, PA) and put the order in for it, I was surprised at the price, because he said he could get it to me on Thursday for $670, which I am happy about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast