Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Ruger SR-1911 Production Halted? (Not Confirmed)

I was speaking to a trusted source, at a trusted shop (I won't name either, because again, so far, I consider this just rumor), who advised me that the waiting list for an SR-1911 is now pretty much anybody's guess, because they (the shop) was told Ruger has halted production. He didn't know why. I wasn't able to confirm this via a pretty thorough Google search, but wondered if anyone else has heard the same, or can confirm or deny.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Ruger SR-1911 Production Halted? (Not Confirmed)

Thankfully there are PLENTY of other 1911 manufacturers out there to choose from. Good luck to Ruger if they are having problems. Love their guns.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by spblademaker View Post
    Thankfully there are PLENTY of other 1911 manufacturers out there to choose from. Good luck to Ruger if they are having problems. Love their guns.
    Oh, absolutely. I was just making small talk in the shop, and it came up. I like their guns as well, and would consider adding an SR-1911, just because it seems like a good value.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Berks County)

Kinseys Outdoors in Elizabethtown, Pa had a Ruger 1911 in the display case about a week or so ago. FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by marks View Post
    the waiting list for an SR-1911 is now pretty much anybody's guess, because they (the shop) was told Ruger has halted production.
    People laughed at me when I said there would be a waiting list for this 1911. He who laughs last gets the last laugh, or some shit like that.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    People laughed at me when I said there would be a waiting list for this 1911. He who laughs last gets the last laugh, or some shit like that.
    $620 - $650 (or so) for what appears to be a nicely made (and USA made) 1911? I'm not surprised there's a waiting list. Maybe it's "he who laughs last, s**ts first"?

(Allegheny County)

It's true, Ruger stopped production and retooled thier CNC Machines. some of the SR1911s that came through our store had some tooling marks on the slides/rails. from a trusted machinest friend, "looks like they were running the cutting speed too high for Stainless Steel and then didn't change out the cutter when it dulled out." looks like Ruger is now slowing the cutter speeds down and retooling more often. production is back up but wait times will be backlogged for a while.

I'm on the waiting list for one.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    It's true, Ruger stopped production and retooled thier CNC Machines. some of the SR1911s that came through our store had some tooling marks on the slides/rails. from a trusted machinest friend, "looks like they were running the cutting speed too high for Stainless Steel and then didn't change out the cutter when it dulled out." looks like Ruger is now slowing the cutter speeds down and retooling more often. production is back up but wait times will be backlogged for a while.

I'm on the waiting list for one.
    Thanks very much for the information/confirmation. That's a shame, as this gun launched with tons of fanfare, and overall outstanding reviews. I hope there weren't a lot of folks affected by it, and that things go smoothly for Ruger, shops and customers, going forward.

(Lehigh County)

im actually kinda glad cuz now i dont have to see them in shops for a while.... that will give me time to save up and get one when they finally get back on shelves... love the look of it and ever since my sr9 ive been a big ruger fan... and deffinetly wanted a 1911... they made one that is exactly how i would have done it astetics wise... and who can beat a 1911 at that value

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrepp61 View Post
    im actually kinda glad cuz now i dont have to see them in shops for a while.... that will give me time to save up and get one when they finally get back on shelves... love the look of it and ever since my sr9 ive been a big ruger fan... and deffinetly wanted a 1911... they made one that is exactly how i would have done it astetics wise... and who can beat a 1911 at that value
    No one, at this moment. SA comes close though, but only when you compare true gun for the money stats. I was pissed when this gun was introduced because I promised my wife some time ago I would not buy another 1911. Anyone know how to get out of that deal?
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast