Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default MD Resident at a PA Gun Show

I'll keep this short and sweet. I live in York and plan on attending the gun show that is coming at the end of this month. I'm pretty sure that Dad will be tagging along and will be doing some shopping for long guns--catch is, he's a MD resident. I'm almost positive that there are no problems with him buying a long gun as long as it is MD "legal", but I want to know for sure. Second part of the question, he has a pistol he's talking about getting rid of there, any problems with that? It is his, paperwork to prove it, but what are the legalities of this?
    Any help is much appreciated.

Jack

(Chester County)

Default Re: MD Resident at a PA Gun Show

Quote Originally Posted by '51plymouth View Post
    I'll keep this short and sweet. I live in York and plan on attending the gun show that is coming at the end of this month. I'm pretty sure that Dad will be tagging along and will be doing some shopping for long guns--catch is, he's a MD resident. I'm almost positive that there are no problems with him buying a long gun as long as it is MD "legal", but I want to know for sure. Second part of the question, he has a pistol he's talking about getting rid of there, any problems with that? It is his, paperwork to prove it, but what are the legalities of this?
    Any help is much appreciated.

Jack
    Dad can buy longarms in any state provided its from an FFL. The sale must comport with laws the FFL's state and that of the purchaser.

He cannot buy from a private party (ie non-FFL) and take the firearm back to MD.

He can sell a pistol to an FFL in any state and can transport to the place of sale under both MD and PA law. He cannot sell any firearm to a non-licensee (ie non-FFL), non-MD resident - in other words no interstate private sales unless the transfer is through an FFL of the buyer's state for handguns and an FFL of any state for longarms.
    IANAL