Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Thank You Dan Wesson: The CCO is Perfect

I just returned from putting 150 rounds of American Eagle FMJ target ammo through the DW included mags, and two Wilson Combat mags.

My "learning curve" (getting accustomed to the sight picture and trigger) was short with this gun. Maybe 2 magazines.

My shots were good, groups were tight, and I shot well at 7 yards, 12, and didn't do so badly at 20 either (off hand).

But, the reason I'm so thrilled, is that this is a gun, that has (for me) been elusive: Being brand new, it fired every one of those 150 rounds flawlessly. No FTF, no FTE, no getting whacked in the face and eyes with brass, no nothing. Just a perfectly running 1911 from the word "go".

I was beginning to believe such out-of-the-box reliability wasn't possible with a 1911, but this is such a gun. And, considering that it's a very lightweight gun, obviously designed for carry, I'm that much more excited.

Well done, Dan Wesson.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

Default Re: Thank You Dan Wesson: The CCO is Perfect

What no pics?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Normlizer View Post
    What no pics?
    The pics came first! In this thread:

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/15...esson-cco.html
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

WOW thats real nice

How do you think it would compare to the Sig Sauer 1911 RCS Nitron model? Or the S&W SW1911 Compact ES model?

That configuration is ideal for 1911 carry. Aluminum frame, officer's grip with a Gov't length dust cover on the frame and a commander length match grade barrel and bushing in a commander length slide with a low profile but still positive left side safety.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Bucks County)

Dam .. Very Nice !! .. Congrats !!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Normlizer View Post
    WOW thats real nice
    Thanks very much!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SCBaldr View Post
    How do you think it would compare to the Sig Sauer 1911 RCS Nitron model? Or the S&W SW1911 Compact ES model?

That configuration is ideal for 1911 carry. Aluminum frame, officer's grip with a Gov't length dust cover on the frame and a commander length match grade barrel and bushing in a commander length slide with a low profile but still positive left side safety.
    I never owned a S&W 1911, so I can't comment. I did own a SIG 1911 Carry Stainless, and found that the trigger was "gritty" (though it might very well have worked itself in nicely over time). Otherwise, it wasn't a bad gun. But, IMO, the overall build quality is better with the Dan Wesson. On the SIG (which was new), there was visible "gunk" (not sure what else to call it) under and around the bottom of the rear sight, on both sides of the slide. Almost like black tar, what wouldn't come off. It appeared as though an amateur installed them. The Dan Wesson is perfect. The slide to frame action, even out of the box, is better (easier, but yet tight) on the Dan Wesson than it was on the SIG. But, my observations could easily be gun to gun differences. [Edit: Also, the DW CCO is really a lightweight gun. I'm surprised every time I pick it up.]

I realize I'm not telling you much. I will say this, and again, this is just my opinion, as it relates to SIG-Sauer guns in my hands: The only SIG Sauer I thought was outstanding in every way (and I wish I hadn't gotten rid of) was the P220 Super Match. I've just been less than thrilled with any other SIG I've had, and believe me, I have really wanted to like them.
    Last edited by marks; October 12th, 2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Addition

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Raystown View Post
    Dam .. Very Nice !! .. Congrats !!
    Thank you Sir!