Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default I probably paid too much,,,,but it's for the grandchildren

Just ordered a 1954 Polish Wz-48 .22LR Training Rifle #RIFLE-POL22. Hand selected, from Centerfire Systems. http://centerfiresystems.com/RIFLE-P...48%20States%29! Grandson is 12 (a small 12), Granddaughter is just 10 and the little Grandson is pushing 8. Yes, I know it'll have to be fired off a rest,,,, but that is not an issue at the club (Delco Field & Stream).

I've had the DIL out there shooting and she loves it. She want to get a family membership, but financial issues keep popping up (I'll handle the membership too).

Bottom line,,,, any experience with this rifle? Yes,,, I probably paid too much,,,oh well,,,,, it's for the kids.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: I probably paid too much,,,,but it's for the grandchildren

Yeah, we all pay too much. All my guns are for the children. Unless I sell them for something new or different.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

No experience with that particular model, but Good Job on getting them into it early.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Indiana County)

No matter all the jokes, the Poles have made some pretty darn good firearms after WWII.

I would assume that it will be a fine shooter.

I looked at them as well in the last two flyers, but just couldn't swing it right now, let us know how it shoots.

(Delaware County)

Will do, flathead.

Having a C&R helps with the FFL thingy, so it's coming directly to me. Photo's will follow after it arrives.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(York County)

Probably a little steep, but now you can get them each a M91/30 (usually sell for around $79) for when they get older, since they be familiar with the action and sights.

Between a rock and a hard place, Pennsylvania
    (York County)

They are a great little rifle. If I were to sell it that would be the price range I would ask for it. If you see one in the wild, i.e. gun show, gun shop, that is right in the sweet spot as to price range. They are a little rare, top quality for a eastern block country, and cheaper to shoot than a full bore mosin nagant. It also turns some heads at the range.

I wasn't familiar with this rifle. Apparently you can come by them relatively "cheap". Honestly, I think the value of an accurate bolt action .22 trainer is HIGHLY underrated. You can save so much money training with a .22 that it's not even funny. I don't know, it seems like most decent .22's these days cost $200-300. While it may seem a bit steep for the particular rifle, if it shoots well and you like it, who cares? Honestly, I'm sure you and the kids will get way more than $300 of fun out of the rifle. I wouldn't sweat it for even a second. A rifle that shoots really well is hard to put a price on, even if it seems a bit steep, I don't think it was too crazy of a price. I may look at one of these myself, I've been looking for a nice little .22 trainer.

Very Nice looking rifle. Not too expensive, I spent about $300 for my daughters 10/22.

I got my kids (12,9, 6, 6, 4 - didnt plan on the 2yo or the 3mo LOL) a Crickett rifle. Lightweight, laminated wood stock, just their size, has a bunch of safety devices on it, and helps them with gun handling skills (bolt to pull back and load rifle, charging handle to engage bolt, trigger safety, adjustable iron sights). That it only cost $129.00 and made in PA sweetened the deal for me.

I think it is very important to teach children at a young age gun safety and shooting skills. Good on you!
    Hold the Line...

(Lycoming County)

I think it is great.

Looks real nice and the history behind it.

Regarding price - You can get .22 LRs from something like $150 up to in the $400s so I do not think the price was bad.

Like it was said, you could have gotten the little Cricket .22 (made in Milton, Pa. I believe!) but they are very small rifles.

The one you got them they will be able to shoot forever!!!!!

Great job Grand Dad!!

God bless!!

PPP
    I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. - Jesus Christ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast