Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default First LEO encounter...PSP.

My neighbor and I went to the shooting range shooting rifles and muzzleloaders today. He was carrying his Glock 40 on his side OC and I was carrying my Ruger SR40 CC on my side. We had a great day at the range but it wasn't so great coming home. The altenator went up in my truck and left us stranded about a half mile from home. I called my son to come pick my neighbor up so he could go get his truck to tow me home. While we were waiting for my son to get there we were under the hood messing around when I heard a car creasting the hill. I looked up and it was PSP. My neighbor was up on the fender of my truck with his VERY OC strong side facing the PSP car. The car came to a stop beside us and the trooper politely asked...
    PSP: Are you guys OK...
    Me: Yea we are OK, my son is on the way and we are going to tow it home which is right around the corner.
    PSP: OK...you guys just coming from the range or something?
    Me: Yea we are coming home from the range shooting our guns, we both have LTCF permits.
    PSP: OK, goodluck with your truck and have a nice day.
    Me as PSP was driving off: You have a nice day to sir and thanks for stopping.
    I know I didn't have to mention the LTCF permits to him but it just came out. It was my first encounter. He didn't seem to care.
    Good range day... Good LEO encounter... bad mechanical day.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: First LEO encounter...PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Hunter View Post
    we both have LTCF permits.
    Huh? LTCF permits thats a new one lol anyways on a serious note sounds like a good encounter glad the cop was cool.

(Delaware County)

You were obviously driving (or at least attempting to drive),,,,, so the LTCF question was not out of the realm of questions. Good job for the PSP.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Lehigh County)

My neighbor and I went to the shooting range shooting rifles and muzzleloaders today. He was carrying his Glock 40 on his side OC and I was carrying my Ruger SR40 CC on my side. We had a great day at the range but it wasn't so great coming home. The altenator went up in my truck and left us stranded about a half mile from home. I called my son to come pick my neighbor up so he could go get his truck to tow me home. While we were waiting for my son to get there we were under the hood messing around when I heard a car creasting the hill. I looked up and it was PSP. My neighbor was up on the fender of my truck with his VERY OC strong side facing the PSP car. The car came to a stop beside us and the trooper politely asked...
    Me: Yea we are OK, my son is on the way and we are going to tow it home which is right around the corner.
    Me: Yea we are coming home from the range shooting our guns, we both have LTCF permits.
    I know I didn't have to mention the LTCF permits to him but it just came out. It was my first encounter. He didn't seem to care.
    Great report! Kudos to PSP in York County. Ditto to Trooper Holma down at the Belmont barracks. So why does the Swiftwater barracks suck so bad? Let's hope that Trooper Holma and the unnamed trooper from York County stay out of Swiftwater's area. I hate to see two good troopers get ruined.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by zoanemesis View Post
    Huh? LTCF permits thats a new one. . . .
    it is a combination of an ltcf and a ccw permit so it will be valid anywhere in the state.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by thundrr1 View Post
    You were obviously driving (or at least attempting to drive),,,,, so the LTCF question was not out of the realm of questions. Good job for the PSP.
    I was thinking the same. You didn't have to tell the officer that you had a LTCF, but since you two were obviously in the vehicle it probably answered a question he was going to ask and kept things smooth. It seems he was pretty relaxed anyway, and it's good to see that there wasn't any trouble at all.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PaBimmerGuy View Post
    it is a combination of an ltcf and a ccw permit so it will be valid anywhere in the state.
    And about 20 other states,.

(Mercer County)

Better questions...What's a Glock 40? When did Gock release a model 40

(York County)

We were both outside of the vehicle. I was standing on the road and my buddy was up on my fender looking under my hood. The officer never asked if we had one I just volunteered that information to him. After I told him that he said have a nice day and was on his way. He didn't even seem to care that I said that. LTCF (License To Carry Fireamrs). By saying Glock 40 I am referring to 40 cal. Any other things anybody wants to pick apart on my post.

(Philadelphia County)

Misspelled "alternator".

Good post, hopefully more encounters will go like this.
    Last edited by sc522; October 12th, 2011 at 02:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast