Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Ammo Test: Winchester Ranger-T 230gr +P 45 ACP

Quote Originally Posted by EODguy View Post
    Well I get your point, but it would be more real world than a water filled milk jug. And no I was never attacked by a rampaging cow. If this is your carry ammo would you not want it to be as thoroughly tested as possible by you. I accept that a 230gr 45ACP (non FMJ) drilled COM will end the fight, more importantly if it is quickly followed up by more of the same.
    i think shooting through denim into ballistics gel would be ideal. i just don't have the means to make such a thing happen. this is not a be-all end-all test by any means of course.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Chaos View Post
    i think shooting through denim into ballistics gel would be ideal. i just don't have the means to make such a thing happen. this is not a be-all end-all test by any means of course.
    youtube= learn how to make ballistic gelatin.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    youtube= learn how to make ballistic gelatin.
    i know how to make it, and have posted videos on how before... but to get a block big enough the cost is enormous for just one test. you need a very large amount of gelatin. the other option is "sim-test" media but again, huge amounts of money and effort are required and i don't think i want to turn my channel into a ballistics testing channel. Tnoutdoors9 does it very well.

(Monroe County)

i know how to make it, and have posted videos on how before... but to get a block big enough the cost is enormous for just one test. you need a very large amount of gelatin. the other option is "sim-test" media but again, huge amounts of money and effort are required and i don't think i want to turn my channel into a ballistics testing channel. Tnoutdoors9 does it very well.
    Plus that's just a hell of a lot of mixing and waiting....

(Cumberland County)

Ranger T never seems to perform well when shot through the infamous 4 layers of denim. They never expand fully when shot through denim. With no clothing covering the jugs, or gel, the Ranger T's are incredibly nasty! With that said, I don't carry them any more. But if I was forced to, I wouldn't be too upset. They'll still expand maybe half the time when shot through heavy clothing, and through light to no clothing they perform very well. Worst case, it's still a .45 even if it doesn't expand

I carry CorBon DPX in .45

(Chester County)

Plus that's just a hell of a lot of mixing and waiting....
    hahaha exactly! thank god for you posting in this thread and bringing some levity to the swarm.

(Monroe County)

hahaha exactly! thank god for you posting in this thread and bringing some levity to the swarm.
    Hey, I have to quell the voices and incessant sarcastic thoughts somehow dont I?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by EvoRich View Post
    Ranger T never seems to perform well when shot through the infamous 4 layers of denim. They never expand fully when shot through denim. With no clothing covering the jugs, or gel, the Ranger T's are incredibly nasty! With that said, I don't carry them any more. But if I was forced to, I wouldn't be too upset. They'll still expand maybe half the time when shot through heavy clothing, and through light to no clothing they perform very well. Worst case, it's still a .45 even if it doesn't expand

I carry CorBon DPX in .45
    your post is right on. ive seen the same thing in other tests. whenever denim is involved it doesn't do very well... pull it away and bam its incredible. not really a variable that im willing to give up in my thought process ya know? ive heard the DPX, golden sabers and gold dots are some of the best. and good point about the 45 still having lots of energy.

(Monroe County)

I think you should load yellow jackets instead of hollow points. Load them stingers out. Fuck pumping the bad guys full of lead, pump them full of venom....that'll learn'em!

(Chester County)

I think you should load yellow jackets instead of hollow points. Load them stingers out. Fuck pumping the bad guys full of lead, pump them full of venom....that'll learn'em!
    what about loading the tips with stink bugs? kills the bug and makes the guy smell funny. sounds logical to me! lololol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12