Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Re: My new Les Baer TRS Review

Baer TRS you Say? Congrats on a nice pistol. a broad bushing wrench will help you not loose the plug. If you do not have one PM me and I will send you one.

(Montgomery County)

Not sure if you're looking to buy additional mags but I went with Mec-Gar mags and prefer them over the OEM Les Baer ones. The finish on the Mec-Gar mags are much better than the Les Baer and allows me to do a smoother insert when reloading.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by pitt45GAP View Post
    Yeah, I figured. Also upon further investigation, my trigger finger is not a blister it was a cut, from the bottom of the trigger where apparently I was getting pinched - So definitely grip issue.

And I learned a much faster take down and assembly procedure. The bushing will always be tight, and that makes it accurate.
    Move your finger up just a little on the trigger. You're rubbing the trigger guard with it and you really don't want to. Use just the first third of your finger on the trigger.

It's best to use a bushing wrench (IIRC Baer includes one with his new guns) to remove and re-install the bushing and trap the recoil plug.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    I'm a little late to the party but congrats on your purchase. I also have a TRS and it is a beautifully crafted 1911. I went to the range with a few buddies and one of them is a purist, no non-sense, functionality type of guy. I told him the price I paid and he said I can sell it and buy XYZ and another XYZ for that price. He just didn't get it UNTIL he had it in his hands and started shooting. My other friend that shot before him said, "If you sell that gun, I'm going to have to kill you".

Bought my 1911 from Crazy John (www.cj1911heaven.com).
    I also bought mine from CJ. You cannot beat his prices. He is also an Ed Brown stocking dealer and you cannot beat his prices on those either.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigums View Post
    I also bought mine from CJ. You cannot beat his prices. He is also an Ed Brown stocking dealer and you cannot beat his prices on those either.
    I asked him about the Ed Brown and he said stick with the Les Baers 1911s. Anyone that wants to buy a 1911 from John, please be sure to block off 1 to 2 hours to talk to him. He is a hoot to talk to.

(York County)

Ed Brown or Wilson was on my list for my next 1911 and was really havin ahard time deciding.Great review but it just added to my list.Still leaning towards the Wilson but not sure.

(Northampton County)

Gents, i purchased a Les Baer Premier II Super-Tac 11/2" guarantee couple of years ago, as i work overseas and i come home for vacation every 3 months i didn't have the opportunity to shoot this gun much along the other 19 pistols i have . after around 500 rounds and while cleaning it i noticed the Tritium dot on the rear sight is missing , so my Son contacted Les Baer ( as i was back to my assignment ) he shipped the Gun to Les Baer and honestly they were so kind and replaces the whole rear sight.
    on my next vacation, i went a couple of times to the range ( another 400 rds fired ) and before departing to my post i was cleaning it i was shocked to find that 50% of the barrel black finish has been peeled off ,i can't describe enough how ugly it was.
    is this the 2300$ pistol that i was looking to own , that made me extremely disappointed and mostly embarrassed at the range in front of my friends especially that i'm known within my peers for having the best and most accurate Guns an amateur can get.
    the Gun spent around 1000 rds so far it looks as new in the Box but when you rack it the barrel looks as it belong to a cheap old used tokarev.

congrats on the LB. I'd like one of everything please.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GBJ View Post
    Gents, i purchased a Les Baer Premier II Super-Tac 11/2" guarantee couple of years ago, as i work overseas and i come home for vacation every 3 months i didn't have the opportunity to shoot this gun much along the other 19 pistols i have . after around 500 rounds and while cleaning it i noticed the Tritium dot on the rear sight is missing , so my Son contacted Les Baer ( as i was back to my assignment ) he shipped the Gun to Les Baer and honestly they were so kind and replaces the whole rear sight.
    on my next vacation, i went a couple of times to the range ( another 400 rds fired ) and before departing to my post i was cleaning it i was shocked to find that 50% of the barrel black finish has been peeled off ,i can't describe enough how ugly it was.
    is this the 2300$ pistol that i was looking to own , that made me extremely disappointed and mostly embarrassed at the range in front of my friends especially that i'm known within my peers for having the best and most accurate Guns an amateur can get.
    the Gun spent around 1000 rds so far it looks as new in the Box but when you rack it the barrel looks as it belong to a cheap old used tokarev.
    Pictures to show?

(Northampton County)

I'm confident that LB may replace the whole gun for me if /when i submit my claim ( i didn't do so yet as i just returned from Iraq ) , however , I'm surprised and shocked of the cheap low quality finish of such a high reputation 1911.
    to be fare , i have to highlight the superb accuracy of this pistol , i could easily print 3 rounds in 2'' at 25 yards .
    anyway, my next one will be an Ed Brown .
    i attached a couple of pictures to show what we're talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast