Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default California - Gov. Jerry Brown makes it illegal to openly carry a handgun in public

From http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/california-politics/2011/10/gov-jerry-brown-makes-it-illegal-to-openly-carry-a-handgun-in-public.html:

Gov. Jerry Brown makes it illegal to openly carry a handgun in public

October 10, 2011 | 12:17 am

Gov. Jerry Brown has outlawed the open carrying of handguns in public in California, targeting a practice that top law enforcement officials had denounced as dangerous.

L.A. Police Chief Charlie Beck and L.A. County Sheriff Lee Baca were among those who supported the prohibition on grounds that open toting of guns wastes officers’ time responding to calls about armed "suspects" and can lead accidentally to violent confrontation.

Assemblyman Anthony Portantino (D-La Canada Flintridge), author of the gun ban, and his supporters said California is no longer the wild west, where citizens need to carry six-shooters on their hips for protection.

"I’m pleased that it has become law," Portantino said Sunday night. "The bottom line is the streets will be safer for law enforcement and families."

The law takes effect Jan. 1. Violations will be a misdemeanor, with offenders facing up to one year in jail and a potential fine of $1,000.

(Centre County)

Default Re: California - Gov. Jerry Brown makes it illegal to openly carry a handgun in publi

When will the Californians ever wake up?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: California - Gov. Jerry Brown makes it illegal to openly carry a handgun in publi

Success! We've finally been able to remove the people's ability to defend themselves with firearms in public! Mwahahaha!

As much as I'd like to lop off California and push it into the sea, I truly feel horrible for the citizens who live there. Their politicians have no concern for their constituents.
    Junior

(Allegheny County)

is anyone surprised? with the oc activists in the news on a regular basis how can this be a surprise?

the same thing could happen here.

(Bedford County)

why does it always feel like we take one step forward and two steps back collectively on gun control. Thank god I do not live in comifornia .. Really sucks for the citizens out there.

In all reality, were there really that many people actually open carrying anyway ??? Why was it so vital for the governor and the "police chiefs" to ban a practice that was employed by probably >1% of the total populace of California.
    I am not a lawyer !!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Success! We've finally been able to remove the people's ability to defend themselves with firearms in public! Mwahahaha!

As much as I'd like to lop off California and push it into the sea, I truly feel horrible for the citizens who live there. Their politicians have no concern for their constituents.
    You get what you vote for. Those morons brought it on themselves. They have voted for oppression. Anyone who votes for Liberalism does. Honestly F'em.
    My only concern is, this shit almost always works it's way East.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jshwak View Post
    In all reality, were there really that many people actually open carrying anyway ??? Why was it so vital for the governor and the "police chiefs" to ban a practice that was employed by probably >1% of the total populace of California.
    for the same reason that assault weapons were banned. the media got involved and gun owners became their own worst enemy.

"The bottom line is the streets will be safer for law enforcement and families."
    Always the goal. Make the people dependant on us for protection then make them glad we’re here to do it at any cost.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    You get what you vote for. Those morons brought it on themselves. They have voted for oppression. Anyone who votes for Liberalism does. Honestly F'em.
    My only concern is, this shit almost always works it's way East.
    I agree with your concern,way too many left wing ideals start in Calif. & work their way here,we can't let that happen anymore
    Jesus is Lord !

Assemblyman Anthony Portantino (D-La Canada Flintridge), author of the gun ban, and his supporters said California is no longer the wild west, where citizens need to carry six-shooters on their hips for protection.

Nope, it has become the gang-riddled hood where people need 17+1 on their hips.

Why not stroll through Oakland after midnight on a Saturday a year after this bill goes through, and see how safe your streets are...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast