Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default rifle range/club in the area?

I'm interested in joining a rifle/pistol range in the montco area. Would prefer something 200 yardish with a pistol range. Indoor clubhouse/pistol shooting or covered firing lines all a plus.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: rifle range/club in the area?

Here is a link to a sticky with some ranges in all areas of Pa. Hope it helps.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/ranges-18/227...es-county.html
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Boulder Valley Sportsmen Association has a small 200 yard range with covered booths. There's no indoor ranges however, but they have a decent clubhouse.

Personally, I'd like to find something in Montgomery with a longer range (more than 200) myself.
    "If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

(Montgomery County)

Check out Lower Providence Rod & Gun club in Audubon, PA. Covered shooting positions on the outdoor 100 yd rifle range (no 200 yd range), 25 yard outdoor pistol range with five individual bays, and an indoor pistol/22 rimfire range along with a clubhouse. Also have trap range with 4 traps, and archery practice and field course.

www.lprgc.org is their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Labman View Post
    Check out Lower Providence Rod & Gun club in Audubon, PA. Covered shooting positions on the outdoor 100 yd rifle range (no 200 yd range), 25 yard outdoor pistol range with five individual bays, and an indoor pistol/22 rimfire range along with a clubhouse. Also have trap range with 4 traps, and archery practice and field course.

www.lprgc.org is their website.
    I was Chairman there for a while and am still a member. Good place, with some nice recent enhancements, including the (5) 25 yard shooting stalls for the outdoor pistol range.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Montgomery County)

Hello, my girlfriend and I are interested in shooting pistol at lprgc. Any chance of being abke to help us out to join or get guest passes? We live within walking distance of the range. Our major interest in joining is because of mulitple attempted break ins at our residence. I feel it nessecary for my girlfriend to get more shooting and gun handling practice for her safety when I'm not around. If you or anyone else in the area could help it would be much appreciated. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Hello, my girlfriend and I are interested in shooting pistol at lprgc. Any chance of being able to help us out to join or get guest passes? We live within walking distance of the range. Our major interest in joining is because of mulitple attempted break ins at our residence. I feel it nessecary for my girlfriend to get more shooting and gun handling practice for her safety when I'm not around. If you or anyone else in the area could help it would be much appreciated. :-)
    Two suggestions: come out to the monthly meeting at 7 PM on the first Tuesday of any month (Dec. 6 is the next) and/or sign up at the Oaks Gun show the weekend of Dec. 17 (that will get you half off the $100 initiation fee). Once you join, the pistol group runs an excellent (and free) pistol clinic once a month, in addition to a lot of other activities like monthly IDPA and USPSA matches, an occasional steel shoot, etc.

(Montgomery County)

Just curious, if we come out on the 6th would we be able to wait till the 17th to sign up? After two new handgun purchases, ammo stock up and accessories (extra mags, holsters, etc.) lol we wouldnt mind saving a few dollars lol. Hell, I'd even do extra club/range volunteer work to help with dues and any othe associated costs of membership for us both. We both absolutely love the hours for 24/7 indoor pistol range lol

(Montgomery County)

Oh and when is the next pistol clinic? I think that would be great for the both of us. Even more so if my girlfriend could get more hands on instruction.

(Montgomery County)

You could certainly come to the club at the general mtg. on the 6th if you so desire, but you won't get the gun show discount if you sign up then. You'll have to wait until the gun show to get the discount. Basically you would only be an observer at the meeting. That mtg. also wouldn't count towards the new member requirement to attend two meetings. That comes after you sign up and get a temporary membership card. Your best bet is to wait until the gun show and sign up at the booth and get the ball rolling then. You have to attend two general mtg's., a workparty and orientation to get your regular membership card. You could do all this in Dec./Jan. and have your regular membership card at the Feb. mtg.

Pistol clinics (temporary and regular members only) are held on the 4th thursday of the month starting at 6 PM. The indoor range and clubhouse , which are available to members, closes between the hours of midnight and 6 AM.