Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Mossberg 930 SPX . . . Thoughts?

One way or another, I'm buying this gun. Anyone have any experience with it? Everything I've seen or read about this shotgun leads me to believe that it is an excellent weapon. I held it once and I loved the sights, it seemed pretty light, well balanced, looked SWEET, the total package. Right now, I'm looking at $619 at Dick's which I'm fine with. Can anyone in the Pittsburgh area do better? Not including Anthony Arms. I don't care if those assholes will GIVE it to me, I wouldn't go back there.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Mossberg 930 SPX . . . Thoughts?

Seems like a pretty good deal on the 930 SPX, budsgunshop price was more than that and they're generally the cheapest around what happened over at Anthony Arms? I thought you got your BAD Lever there and were pretty happy with it?

(Beaver County)

I love the ambi bolt release on my M4, the problem is that their people are total assholes. Shitty attitudes downstairs at the range and upstairs in the shop, their gunsmith didn't know ANYTHING about the AR-15 platform when I tried to ask him about getting my flash hider indexed with a peel washer, I could go on. I'm not going to spend my money in a place that treats me like shit every time I go. What sucks is that they have a ton of cool shit there! All of their 930s had the shit ugly pistol grip stock though. I want the standard stock.

As much as I hate to go to Dick's to buy a $600 gun, I don't see any prices anywhere that have blown me away. Gunbroker has a few for barely under $600 but with shipping, waiting for it and then having to pay the FFL transfer, I'll wish I'd just paid the extra $20-30 and bought it somewhere local to have it NOW.

(Lancaster County)

Did you try John Brown Armory? I have only heard great things about them and i know they have a huge inventory. Might be worth it give them a call.

(Butler County)

Check the front sight post. I bought one when they first came out and I had read the sight post on a lot of them are canted one way or the other. Mine was fine. It was an awesome shotgun while I had it. I bought mine from Dukes in new castle and they said they liked them better than the remington 1100 tactical. Not sure if they were just trying to sell me or if thats the truth. Either way, great gun.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by KDE870 View Post
    One way or another, I'm buying this gun. Anyone have any experience with it? Everything I've seen or read about this shotgun leads me to believe that it is an excellent weapon. I held it once and I loved the sights, it seemed pretty light, well balanced, looked SWEET, the total package. Right now, I'm looking at $619 at Dick's which I'm fine with. Can anyone in the Pittsburgh area do better? Not including Anthony Arms. I don't care if those assholes will GIVE it to me, I wouldn't go back there.
    Bought Mine from DSG in york (same price). Love the gun! Best longarm purchase I ever made. Its hard to find a quality semiauto shottie for that price. Go for it you wont be disappointing
    I AM A PROFESSIONAL. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

love mine.....

Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Monroe County)

I bought mine a few years ago and just recently sent it back to mossberg. The front sight post isnt canted but at 50 yds it hots 12" high and the sights can not bring it any lower. Other than that it run ok the metal mag tube follower has a tendency to bind some times but there are alot of after market parts becoming available for it. I hope Mossberg does something about it for me. here is a very extensive review of the 930 SPX

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...930-SPX-Review

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    love mine.....

I love yours too . . .

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by reichebrown View Post
    I bought mine a few years ago and just recently sent it back to mossberg. The front sight post isnt canted but at 50 yds it hots 12" high and the sights can not bring it any lower. Other than that it run ok the metal mag tube follower has a tendency to bind some times but there are alot of after market parts becoming available for it. I hope Mossberg does something about it for me. here is a very extensive review of the 930 SPX

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...930-SPX-Review
    Thank you for the link. Not only do I know what to inspect before I buy one but now I know that there is a tri rail forend made for the 930! Sweet . . .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast