Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Ghost Ring Sights on a G34

Does anyone have any experience with Aro-Tek ghost ring sights? I want to put a set on my G34. I currently have the stock adjustable sights and am not happy with them. Also, where would be a good place/gunsmith to go to and get them put on?

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Ghost Ring Sights on a G34

Unless a G34 is a new shotgun I haven't heard of yet you probably don't wanna put ghost rings on it.

Are you looking for up close fast shooting, or accuracy at distance?
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Cumberland County)

Wink Re: Ghost Ring Sights on a G34

save the ghost rings for your hd shotgun. look at the tru-glo tfo sights for that glock. these are the best overall sights i have found for my handguns. yes they are affordable, less than 100.00. any shop should be able to install them just make sure they get the front sight parallel with the bore. if you lived closer i would do them for you.

(Chester County)

I would not choose the ghost rings either, but the sighting system on a pistol is a personal preference, so if you like the system, go for it.

What I really wanted to say is that the sight change out on a glock is a pretty simple job. You would want a brass drift punch ($3.99 at midway) and some blue loctite. Check youtube for glock sight change & see if you think you can do it.

good luck

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by pstew View Post
    I would not choose the ghost rings either, but the sighting system on a pistol is a personal preference, so if you like the system, go for it.

What I really wanted to say is that the sight change out on a glock is a pretty simple job. You would want a brass drift punch ($3.99 at midway) and some blue loctite. Check youtube for glock sight change & see if you think you can do it.

good luck
    This is good advice unless you're installing night sights. You should always use a sight pusher/ drift tool and never hammer them....and yes, they do make ghost ring night sights. I still want to know if anyone here has used these:

http://www.tas-sights.com/?//web/8888/nsf/sbs.py

(Bucks County)

Thanks everyone for the advice. I actually was looking at going with the TruGlo sights when I found an ad for the ghost ring sights in a gun mag. I have never used them on a handgun only rifles. I thought they looked cool and might be a good alternative to the OEM sights. I'll keep you posted on what sights I get.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ChemDave View Post
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I actually was looking at going with the TruGlo sights when I found an ad for the ghost ring sights in a gun mag. I have never used them on a handgun only rifles. I thought they looked cool and might be a good alternative to the OEM sights. I'll keep you posted on what sights I get.

Dave
    Entreprise has a rear ghost sight that is $40, in the event you wanted to try them. It is used with the standard front sight. Most glock retailers have the rear sight pusher that only takes a few minutes to change a rear sight. The Glock dealers in my town change them at no cost if you purchase the sights at that shop. JFYI
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Lackawanna County)

Hmmm that tas sight looks interesting. Do you use it with your standard front sight? Hard to tell from the video what the setup actually looks like.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
    Hmmm that tas sight looks interesting. Do you use it with your standard front sight? Hard to tell from the video what the setup actually looks like.
    The red dot is at the end of a long tube. Once you see the entire dot the sight is lined up....at least thats what I get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    The red dot is at the end of a long tube. Once you see the entire dot the sight is lined up....at least thats what I get out of it.
    I haven't shot with a GRS, but I did get to look through one on a G17. Don't know how it would be for SD, but it looked like it would be fun to shoot silhouettes with at 100 yds or so.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast