Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Want to Join Delaware County Field and Stream - Need Sponsors

I need sponsors to join the DCFS. After looking at the outdoor ranges in the surrounding Philadelphia area, this one is closest to me, and I am familiar with the area (Duttons Mill Road). Is anyone willing to sponsor me? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Want to Join Delaware County Field and Stream - Need Sponsors

If you go up there on a week day, and talk to one of the people who operate it, tell them that you don't personally know any members, they will usually talk you for a little while, ask you some questions, try to see if you might be a little off your rocker. I didn't know anyone either, I have been a member for a couple of years now. Its not that big of a problem. the club is really busy during the weekend, but during week most of the year its pretty quiet. Pre Hunting season, like now, it gets more traffic. Its a nice club. If they still want some references let me know, I can meet you up there on a week day before noon
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    If you go up there on a week day, and talk to one of the people who operate it, tell them that you don't personally know any members, they will usually talk you for a little while, ask you some questions, try to see if you might be a little off your rocker. I didn't know anyone either, I have been a member for a couple of years now. Its not that big of a problem. the club is really busy during the weekend, but during week most of the year its pretty quiet. Pre Hunting season, like now, it gets more traffic. Its a nice club. If they still want some references let me know, I can meet you up there on a week day before noon

Thanks, bigandy1966!! I'll let you know when I can go there. Unfortunately, I work during the day, so I will have to wait until I have a day off to do this.

(Delaware County)

Go up sunday morning a little before 12 for the orientation. In or just outside the clubhouse you will find plenty of members happy to sign your app.
    Rifle first, rifle last, rifle always.

(Philadelphia County)

My wife and I will sponsor you, Lisa. We also know a couple of officers that will sign your application. We will be there this Sunday around noon and usually stay around for 2-3 hours. You will need to be there for the new member orientation at noon, which is required before you can join. I believe they only do orientation on Sundays and during special events.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

http://www.dcfs.org/
    Check out their site, they have so much to offer. Air Rifle, Rim fire, Pistol, All flavors of shotgun sports, Centerfire Rifle, Black powder, Archery, 3d archery course, Trout stocking programs. I just wish I had joined 20 years ago.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Philadelphia County)

I will be going tomorrow before noon. Thanks for your help, guys. I did not realize this club was close to me until last Friday.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    My wife and I will sponsor you, Lisa. We also know a couple of officers that will sign your application. We will be there this Sunday around noon and usually stay around for 2-3 hours. You will need to be there for the new member orientation at noon, which is required before you can join. I believe they only do orientation on Sundays and during special events.

Al
    Every Sunday at 12:30PM, (plus during NHFD & Ladies Day you get a discount, unfortunately they just passed for this year) get there early to start your paperwork give it to the girl in the office while you take the tour. Bring a valid ID as they will need to see it. Getting sigs is the easy part, wear a good pair of walking shoes, the the orientation tour takes 30-45 minutes.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaA View Post
    I will be going tomorrow before noon. Thanks for your help, guys. I did not realize this club was close to me until last Friday.
    I recently realized it's very convenient from my home. I've been looking for something different and this looks like the ticket. So soon I'll be hitting you guys up for sponsorships too (yes you Al )

Lisa, would love to hear your impressions after orientation.
    I'm hoping to buy a shotgun this week and it would be much happier playing at DCFS than at SPAG (which is a great place for pistol but not so great for AK & shotgun).

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    I recently realized it's very convenient from my home. I've been looking for something different and this looks like the ticket. So soon I'll be hitting you guys up for sponsorships too (yes you Al )

Lisa, would love to hear your impressions after orientation.
    I'm hoping to buy a shotgun this week and it would be much happier playing at DCFS than at SPAG (which is a great place for pistol but not so great for AK & shotgun).
    Mike, let me know when you have time to head down there. We go about 2x a month and usually on either a Saturday or Sunday. I think you'll enjoy table trap. It's a great way to work your shotgun (even if it's a pump).

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast