Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Denied LTCF because unemployed

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine. He said that Northampton County denied his renewal because his place of buisness closed and he is unemployed. They gave him a number to call. I have yet to read the letter he got, but this sounds foul!

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Denied LTCF because unemployed

Quote Originally Posted by spblademaker View Post
    I just got off the phone with a friend of mine. He said that Northampton County denied his renewal because his place of buisness closed and he is unemployed. They gave him a number to call. I have yet to read the letter he got, but this sounds foul!
    Did he check "employment" as the reason for wanting a LTCF? Otherwise, that is descrimination! Ask 0bama, he wants a law so the unemployed can not be descriminated against Well, here is his test case, NOT!

Be safe (and hard working).

Scott

(Westmoreland County)

I have yet to read the letter he got, but this sounds foul!
    Scan the letter and post it here.......if he was denied because of unemployment it will be discrimination but I would like to see a copy of that letter first. Maybe it is something else and he is not telling the whole story as to why he was denied.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

That doesn't make any sense. Definitely look at the letter, because I seriously doubt he was denied specifically because he's unemployed. And, please keep in mind, he has a very, very narrow window to file an appeal (10 days from the date on the letter, if I remember correctly), so if he's going to appeal it, he needs to jump on it quickly. If he was wrongly denied, he should appeal it because a standing denial will become part of every future application he makes ("Were you ever denied. . . "?).

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    And, please keep in mind, he has a very, very narrow window to file an appeal (10 days from the date on the letter, if I remember correctly)
    30 days from receipt. But IMO, that's still a short time, considering you need to find an attorney and bring them up to speed, and still have them file within that window.
    Last edited by gnbrotz; October 6th, 2011 at 05:29 PM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Monroe County)

I called him back and he said that he recieved the letter a few days ago and threw the letter away. He is going to reapply when he gets reemployed. He is not from the US originally. He's a "doesn't like to cause problems" kind of person. I explained that he threw his rights away with that paper. I am aware that he got screwed and he allowed it by not appealing it.
    Can he reapply and if so will this denial be held against him?

(Blair County)

I called him back and he said that he recieved the letter a few days ago and threw the letter away. He is going to reapply when he gets reemployed. He is not from the US originally. He's a "doesn't like to cause problems" kind of person. I explained that he threw his rights away with that paper. I am aware that he got screwed and he allowed it by not appealing it.
    Can he reapply and if so will this denial be held against him?
    Is he here on a work visa?

(Delaware County)

Employment has nothing to do with a LTCF approval
    He's a citizen right?

(Franklin County)

I called him back and he said that he recieved the letter a few days ago and threw the letter away. He is going to reapply when he gets reemployed.
    A failed appeal triggers a one year waiting period. The question is, does an uncontested denial (or revocation) trigger the same waiting period? The clear statutory language suggests this may not be the case, but if a Sheriff takes a differing position, the remedy would be.......an appeal.
    §6114. Judicial Review.

The action of the chief of police, sheriff, county treasurer or other officer under this subchapter shall be subject to judicial review in the manner and within the time provided by 2 Pa.C.S. Ch. 7 Subch. B (relating to judicial review of local agency action). A judgment sustaining a refusal to grant a license shall not bar, after one year, a new application; nor shall a judgment in favor of the petitioner prevent the defendant from thereafter revoking or refusing to renew such license for any proper cause which may thereafter occur. The court shall have full power to dispose of all costs. (Chgd. by L.1995, Spec. Sess. 1, Act 17(8), eff 10/11/95.)
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Montgomery County)

Wait a minute. He is here on a work visa and is also unemployed?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast