Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default franklin armory pistol/sbr/aow - no tax stamp

anyone else see this? looks pretty cool. the article says you might be able to put a regular stock on the firearm but they 'played it safe' using a foam padded buffer tube. they give you a letter from the atf saying its legal. the article says its neither a pistol nor a rifle, so how would you go about buying this or, sell it to someone in the future? i have a 7inch RRA pistol i really want to put the SSAR-15 bump fire stock on and would love to be able to just throw on a longer barrel and not have to deal with the waiting and $ involved with registering an SBR.

http://www.guns.com/video-franklin-a...-required.html

http://www.franklinarmory.com/XO-26_Letter__c_.pdf
    Last edited by cellboothmgr; October 6th, 2011 at 04:05 PM.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: franklin armory pistol/sbr/aow - no tax stamp

I don't trust those letters of approval. The ATF has issued them before, then rescinded them later leaving owners in a possible crappy situation.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: franklin armory pistol/sbr/aow - no tax stamp

I read about this a long while back. I'm glad to see they marketed it finally. It's a bit gimmicky, but do-able.

If you want the buttstock pay the $200 and wait. It's about a 3 month process right now. Presto, and combination of barrels and buttstocks you want, and you're completely legal! (Sure is cheaper and easier than a new gun!)

The only thing that gun has is a vertical front grip, and it's $1100. Pretty pricey for a sub-par AR build that is basic with only cheap MOE furniture on it. As you already have a AR pistol, I'd say simply register it's lower as a SBR. Or keep it as a pistol. If you really want a front grip and an ATF letter, put a Magpul AFG on your pistol, and print out a copy of the ATF letter 'allowing it'.

I personally wouldn't buy one, but that doesn't mean it doesn't serve some purpose. Me personally though, I'll just use SBR lower to do whatever configuration I want. It may be too easy to show constructive intent with that gun and other AR parts.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer