Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default How would I determine value of a firearm that I can't find in the blue book?

It's nothing special, nor anything exotic. It's an AES-10 which was missing the wood furniture when I obtained it, so it's got a Tapco folder and galil style handguard on it as well as a G2 trigger group. It's threaded; I had a birdcage style brake on it, which I'd probably reinstall before I'd sell it, should I decide to sell it. I just never use it, and in reality, I think I've put 30 rounds through it since I got it. Just sits in the safe taking up real estate. The bipod was moved towards the muzzle, looks like brass was high temp soldered to make the stops then painted. Any idea what it'd be worth? It's straight, it's got a nice shiny bore, and generally in pretty good shape.

(Tioga County)

Default Re: How would I determine value of a firearm that I can't find in the blue book?

Look on Gunbroker for something similar. That should give you a ball park figure. if nothing on gunbroker comes close your on your own.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Beaver County)

Default Re: How would I determine value of a firearm that I can't find in the blue book?

Thanks for the insight; I don't know why I didn't think of it. I just looked, however, and it wasn't much help. There's 2 on there right now; one's $599.00 and one's $999.00. That's a big ballpark lol.

Gunbroker is useful, but don't look at the *asking* prices. The asking price is meaningless; what you should be looking at is *actual sales* prices. The actual sales price is a much better measure of how much an item is worth because it's a record of what people have actually paid for the item.

(Lackawanna County)

It's not even in the blue book...must be 'priceless' !
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."