Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Split Rock Gun Show - Eagle Arms Production

Quote Originally Posted by MaDuece View Post
    I can't speak for a basement dealer but!

expenses at another promoters show

tables $80 each==========10x$80==========$800.
    employess $150. each======3x$150.=========$450.
    motel rooms! $95. a night===2 rooms/2 nights===$380.
    7 meals each for 4 people! lets eat cheep======$200.
    2 vehicles to get there and home!============$150. cheap gas!
    thats off the top of my head at 1am! total=====$2,000.

for 2 whole days of business! How much is your store rent for 30 days?
    Real easy one there bud My expanses are $6000 a month. And how many of the dealers at shows are using 10 tables?
    How many pay 3 people your numbers?
    Meals give me a break . That is not in my expanses nor is employee pay.
    And why does gun show expanses make it ok for charging extra for C/C ?

Quote Originally Posted by rflynn View Post
    Real easy one there bud My expanses are $6000 a month. And how many of the dealers at shows are using 10 tables?
    How many pay 3 people your numbers?
    Meals give me a break . That is not in my expanses nor is employee pay.
    And why does gun show expanses make it ok for charging extra for C/C ?

I am sure your total expenses are $6000. a month! You got a nice store BUT the question was RENT!

How many dealers use 10 tables? Quite a few! I know dealers that use 14!

Employees? yes some use wives but there are quite a few that use employees!
    My numbers? Sorry but you can't get trust worthy help for slave wages! So maybe $150. was low in your opinion? I need to think about this? 3 hours of set up time, 8 hours on saturday, 6 show hours on sunday, 1 hour for tear down and pack up (some dealer take a lot longer) so a total of 18 hour for $150. bucks? roughly $8.00 an hour! Tell them they eat the seat time and the food,motel etc. How many people would do it?

Lets get to the bottom line!

I have never read your posts in a harrisburg thread bitching about CC fees or the $8. parking that you dont charge or the $10.00 add,ission fee that you don't charge!

So why in the Split Rock thread?

It couldn't be because the Split Rock show hurts your business 6 days of the year? Could it?

So if I come in your shop and order the list I posted and wait for it all to come in? How much would it cost me? How much would I save in CC fees? Thats right! It would save me $18. in CC fees if I wait a couple days to get what I can get in 2 hours at the show!

So how much would it cost me to get that list from you?

(Northampton County)

I am sure your total expenses are $6000. a month! You got a nice store BUT the question was RENT!

How many dealers use 10 tables? Quite a few! I know dealers that use 14!

Employees? yes some use wives but there are quite a few that use employees!
    My numbers? Sorry but you can't get trust worthy help for slave wages! So maybe $150. was low in your opinion? I need to think about this? 3 hours of set up time, 8 hours on saturday, 6 show hours on sunday, 1 hour for tear down and pack up (some dealer take a lot longer) so a total of 18 hour for $150. bucks? roughly $8.00 an hour! Tell them they eat the seat time and the food,motel etc. How many people would do it?

Lets get to the bottom line!

I have never read your posts in a harrisburg thread bitching about CC fees or the $8. parking that you dont charge or the $10.00 add,ission fee that you don't charge!

So why in the Split Rock thread?

It couldn't be because the Split Rock show hurts your business 6 days of the year? Could it?

So if I come in your shop and order the list I posted and wait for it all to come in? How much would it cost me? How much would I save in CC fees? Thats right! It would save me $18. in CC fees if I wait a couple days to get what I can get in 2 hours at the show!

So how much would it cost me to get that list from you?
    First off I have nothing agents the promoter of this show. It also does not hurt my business at all quite the opposet . It helps my business on the weekends it is around.

If it ends at rent yours ends at $800.00 . You are sure my total expanses are $6000 really . I would like you to pay them one month !

I am sorry that you thought I was bashing this promoter it is not that at all. I saw being charged extra for C/C's being accepted. I think it is piss poor.

As far as your list goes I ignored it . If you had a relationship with me you may have saved money or maybe not. But if you ever needed help with anything any time I would be there for you. Ask my customers what I do for them.

When I gave up going to shows 3 times a month I build relationships with dealers that specialized in what I needed. As time went on I got better deals from them than any gun show had to offer. JMO!!

A question for you ? Why do you argue like you have a stake here? Some of the things you are saying sound like someone else that was once here. As specially your # .

I have no stake here $$$ wise.

What I have is friends involved and I am not sure who you think I am or what my # has to do with it?

What I read is exactly what I posted a retort to!

That was you critisizing what the dealers at the show do and you specificaly mentioned the entree fee which to me was directed at the promoter and taken at first as the opinion of someone who didn't know didly about how a show is run or what it cost! The extra cost of using a CC at shows has always been there so I question why the bitch now? why Split Rock? The same dealers do all the shows!

So would I have saved a dime by buying from you or was I better off spending the 3% plus entree to the show?

Back to the expenses part! My point was and is, If a dealer does 4 shows a month then his expenses for 8 days of business surpass yours! So if the dealers are going to sell me what I want on the spot for $100. less then I can order it for from you, then whats the bitch about $18.? I still saved $82. and got what I wanted on the spot instead of waiting 2 days and getting a product sight unseen!
    Last edited by MaDuece; November 6th, 2011 at 03:09 AM.

(Northampton County)

I have no stake here $$$ wise.

What I have is friends involved and I am not sure who you think I am or what my # has to do with it?

What I read is exactly what I posted a retort to!

That was you critisizing what the dealers at the show do and you specificaly mentioned the entree fee which to be was directed at the promoter and taken at first as the opinion of someone who didn't know didly about how a show is run or what it cost! The extra cost of using a CC at shows has always been there so I question why the bitch now? why Split Rock? The same dealers do all the shows!

So would I have saved a dime by buying from you or was I better off spending the 3% plus entree to the show?
    Whatever !

What did you purchase Is there a manufacturer or just any no name B/S on the cheep.

Quote Originally Posted by rflynn View Post
    Whatever !

What did you purchase Is there a manufacturer or just any no name B/S on the cheep.
    I don't purchase chinese crap.

Everything is name brand. The new brass is winchester, the once fired is 90% winchester. The AR parts are all name brand from various manufacturers ofcourse. In figuring up a total to see if I got ripped you can feel free to price DPMS,RockRiver etc. NO Olympic or UTG crap! 1 of the uppers I purchase is a Billet Magna.

Those heading up, I will be there early. Is there somewhere that we can meet? I am unfamiliar with this show, but will check the link before i leave (one hour).

Never miss an opportunity to meet fellow PAFOAers.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neo31rex31 View Post
    We will be there as well - 7 tables EMacs Tactical Shop
    Saw Neo there and got a good deal on a supply of freeze-dry rations with 20-year shelf life. Thanks, will look you up at Oaks next month.

Had a great time overall, I almost always do. Given the running conversation in this Split-Rock topic, if you have cash, you have dickering power - CC you have less so. If you don't dicker the price at a gun show, you're missing part of the fun (I don't know if the dealers find it fun, but I'm not a dealer). Don't dicker if you're not serious; you're not going to get a pistol marked $450 for $125 so it's impolite to waste the dealer's time. If you're serious but you can't come to a mutually satisfactory price, walk away. Most of all, the point for the nondealers is to see a huge selection of stuff that you wouldn't see in any single store, enjoy the company of many other people who are there because they aren't scared by the media's misreporting of people who own guns, and most of all have some fun.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Monroe County)

Hey does anybody know if the Ron Paul booth/Table was there yesterday?

I am going today and wanted to stop by.

(Lackawanna County)

I don't care about the credit card fees. What 4% of 300, 12 extra dollars? I don't have the cash in hand, I am depositing for a wedding and a house so right now a C.C. is best for me. I don't plan on spending tons today, I need bulk 5.56 ammo, maybe a new stock, and new rail guards. So that will be what, an extra 20 something dollars? That doesn't bother me. I have all the overtime at work I need to cover that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast