Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Need Help Pimping My XDm

I am the proud owner of a Springfield Armory 9mm with the 4.5 inch barrel.This is the pistol that i take with me everywhere and i shoot it at least once a week.I have owned my fair share of handguns and this is the one i am most accurate with and feel the most comfortable with.
    I was looking at the lasermax laser guide rods for the XDm.I was wondering if anyone had any expierence with them or opinions on them.
    Also i have been looking for aftermarket night sights and im not sure which one is better.trueglo or trijicon?
    There seems to be a lack of better quality aftermarkets parts for the Xdm that i can find.Am i looking in the wrong places or arent they out there?
    thanks in advance

(Pike County)

Default Re: Need Help Pimping My XDm

im looking for some better night sights also , love my xdm ,,you might want to go over and take a look at www.xdtalk.com ..great site for us xdm owners ,

(Mercer County)

I personally don't monkey with lasers on my carry gun, but that's just me. As far as night sights go, I'm a big fan of meprolight. They make awesome sights, and Kimber backs them up if something goes wrong.

If it were me, I'd put night sights on it, buy a thousand rounds, and considered her to be as pimped as Flavor Flav.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Richland Township (Bucks County) PA, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

Check out the guys at canyon river .. Be ready to spend money, but the quality is superb. Google "canyon river XDM" in lieu of a link.
    "More is lost through indecision than wrong decision"

Tantric Shooting Team

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post

If it were me, I'd put night sights on it, buy a thousand rounds, and considered her to be as pimped as Flavor Flav.
    And good to go on any dimly lit street corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post

This is excellent advice. Can the laser, go with a set of night sights, and pickup a case of ammo. Either that or buy a good holster, unless you already own one. I mean a "good" holster. I don't understand why people will carry their $500-$xxxx gun in a crappy $30 holster. Spend as much as you can possibly afford on a holster. You'll be thankful.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Snyder County)

Ditch the idea on the laser. The lasermax laser might be cool but red lasers just suck in daylight. Spend the money on a good flashlight and a weapon light like the Blackhawk Night ops. http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Nig...ght,503,40.htm

I thought night sights were night sights and any would do up until recently when I shot an XDm Compact with Trijicon's Hard Duty night sights with the orange instert. Wow, that front sight is a keeper. Highly visible in the daytime. It just grabs and holds your focus. At night the orange insert is somehow gathers and emits light from the tritium vial. it looks like a glowing orange ring with a really bright, contrasting green tritium vial in middle.

At $150 a set, they're pricey, but having seen a set, I wouldn't hesitate to buy them.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.