Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default Smith & Wesson M&P .45 Midsize for CC... WOW!!!

While I was picking up my son's Gen3 G17 the other day at the store...1 17 round mag and three 10 rounders for $400.00 bills, amazing price, I came across a gentleman who was looking at the Smith & Wesson M&P .45 midsize. I was actually in the market for the g22 and was going to buy one when I saw this .45. I asked to see it, held it, and instantly filed for adoption papers! The gun absolutely fits like a glove with the factory backstrap, can be changed by the way, is very well balanced, and felt as if it were custom made for my hand. As good as it felt, it shoots even better. I've mostly been a .40 guy and was a little leary of the ability to double tap due to the caliber size. Honestly, this gun feels like a 9mm +p when you shoot it. Hardly any noticable muzzle flip, comfortable recoil, and deadly accurate from 20 yards, even better at closer range. I love Glocks and would trust my life to them but I believe that they have been out done in the .45 market by this piece. I have shot the G30, G36, and full size .45 but none feel as good as this beauty. If you are considering spending thousands on a 1911 or hundreds on a glock, please at least try this gun. Mine has no manuel safety as well. Price prior to taxes and fee was $509.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by taurus.38; October 5th, 2011 at 08:40 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Smith & Wesson M&P .45 Midsize for CC... WOW!!!

I really like the M&P line even though I do not own one. I took a coworker to buy his first hand gun and he bought the .40 caliber. He ordered the manual safety. I only ran a mag through it but it shot excellent and was user friendly for the new shooter I was instructing.