Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Police pull-over

Quote Originally Posted by Top knot View Post
    Can anyone confirm if you must disclose you have a carry permit and are carrying a firearm to an officer in Pennsylvania when pulled over. I would think it a good idea to hand over your permit along with your license however I’ve heard horror stories of being detained and even having a back up officer called who then drew his shotgun!

Thanks,

Top knot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Quote Originally Posted by schmol View Post
    why do I get the feeling of being trolled? This is his first post and haven't posted anything since...
    You're not. The guy had one question, it was answered, he left. What's wrong with that? Other than that he forgot to say "thank you"?

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Personally, the first thing I do after pulling over is to get out my DL/INS/REG. It's in hand by the time he gets to the window, and I don't have to really move around much to get at them. If I do get pulled over, I won't be notifying unless asked to step out of the vehicle.
    I think this is a good personal policy to have and I also already have my DL/INS/REG in hand and ready before the LEO is at my window too. But... what if then when he does get to the window and you hand him you're info and he asks if you have any weapons in the vehicle and you say yes he's probably gonna get pissed because he knows you had to reach past you're firearm to get you're drivers license out. I would worry he's gonna get worried and ask you to get out of the car anyway.

It hasn't happened to me so far, but I think my personal policy will be to only tell that I am carrying concealed if he asks right off the top when he asks for my info. I would think if the LEO is going to ask that question, it will be right off the top of the traffic stop. I won't lie though, not worth what would definitely happen.
    Last edited by HbgHKFan; October 26th, 2011 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Tis best to not do anything to get oneself pulled over, then you don't have anything to worry about.
    ^^^ THIS ^^^

I thought the members of this forum are all "law abiding". Strange how they cherry pick the laws they follow, and the ones they ignore.

Jan

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
    ^^^ THIS ^^^

I thought the members of this forum are all "law abiding". Strange how they cherry pick the laws they follow, and the ones they ignore.

Jan
    Yes, I'm sure we all drive exactly the speed limit, or even a little under, regardless of how many other people are speeding.

And I'm sure we never inadvertently make little mistakes, and/or cops absolutely never pull us over when we do make such mistakes and they don't really matter.
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

Quote Originally Posted by rikilii View Post
    Yes, I'm sure we all drive exactly the speed limit, or even a little under, regardless of how many other people are speeding.

And I'm sure we never inadvertently make little mistakes, and/or cops absolutely never pull us over when we do make such mistakes and they don't really matter.
    10 years of driving in this country and all I got so far are two parking violations. No cop ever walked up to my window.

Jan

(Lebanon County)

Wink Re: Police pull-over

When i get pulled over i hand them my shrunk down laminated id sized permit with my license, somtimes i have my gun in my glovebox.. so i dont wanna rush around grabbin out paperwork and closing the box before he comes up might think im trying to stash somthing?! Then they simply ask if its with me and where it is.. They take it if its in the glove, thats when i retrieve the reg. and insurance card

(Franklin County)

I wouldnt inform and I reach into my glove box to get my stuff. I simply raise the papers into the troopers light so he see's what I got. No problems and I am not proud to admit that I have likly been pulled over more than anyone here though some where illegal(ie false speed or similar) I have a lead foot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.Own what you like, like what you own.

Quote Originally Posted by M2tactical View Post
    When i get pulled over i hand them ...
    Quote Originally Posted by leplat View Post
    I simply raise the papers into the troopers light so he see's what I got. ...
    When you get pulled over?

How often do you have to simply raise the papers?

The Amish got it right. Oh-Merry-Cans really have no clue how to use technology without harming themselves or others. They simply don't get it.

Jan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234