Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: CC Newbie

(Montgomery County)

Default CC Newbie

After a year of gun ownership I have started to CC here and there. I Read the sticky on this forum on CC but I still have a few questions.

I am not asking about conceal tactics but about the law. I am not intested in carrying where I am not ALLOW to by law.

Private Property:

If I got to a restaurant and they have a no firearm policy posted but I MISSED the sign, could I be arrested if someone notices I'm carrying. I read that they might ask one to leave and if you refuse they can call the cops and have you arrested. My question can I just be arrested without a warning.

What if they can prove that I knew about the policy? (lawers can prove the sky is green)

Basically do they always need to ask you leave first?

Schools:

I have attended churches where the church building is also use as a school. Kind of a grey area I guess but I would think that since on Sunday the building is used for church only I would be ok.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: CC Newbie

First read this:

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html

I wouldn't sweat the trespassing thing. First of all, if you are concealed it should never be an issue. If you see a sign, then respect it, and take your money elsewhere.

The chances of you going into an establishment, not seeing their sign, getting caught CC'ing, having the police called, and being arrested on the spot are slim to none. More than likely they will ask you to leave before calling the police. Even if they do call the police, the police will probably ask you to leave before arresting you.

Respect signs when you see them, be polite to the property owners if/when confronted, and conceal properly, and you shouldn't have any issues.

(Lehigh County)

Welcome!!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    After a year of gun ownership I have started to CC here and there. I Read the sticky on this forum on CC but I still have a few questions.

I am not asking about conceal tactics but about the law. I am not intested in carrying where I am not ALLOW to by law.

Private Property:

If I got to a restaurant and they have a no firearm policy posted but I MISSED the sign, could I be arrested if someone notices I'm carrying. I read that they might ask one to leave and if you refuse they can call the cops and have you arrested. My question can I just be arrested without a warning. You can be sited with a summary offense without a warning, its just a ticket like a speeding or Jay-walking citation. However you'll probably be just asked to leave, or remove the gun from the establishment.

What if they can prove that I knew about the policy? (lawers can prove the sky is green) Then the citation would have merit and standing.

Basically do they always need to ask you leave first? Not if they had a sign placed where "(ii) posting in a manner prescribed by law or reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders; ".

Schools:

I have attended churches where the church building is also use as a school. Kind of a grey area I guess but I would think that since on Sunday the building is used for church only I would be ok. PA's law on schools also covers parochial schools, regardless of whether school is in session. There is a clause for "other lawful purpose", but there is no statutory or case law definition. You could be arrested, taken to court, then forcing you to battle it out in front of a judge, then possible appeals.

Answers are in bold red above.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!