Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HK or Sig?

(Philadelphia County)

Default HK or Sig?

Hello everyone. Applied for my LTCF, waiting on that to come back at the end of this month. But, in the meanwhile I've been considering what type of firearm I should get. I've had some experience with .45's and .40's. Particularly the P229 and the USP 45. Tried out some .40 and 9 caliber glock's (Can't remember exactly what models they were). Was not really wild about the feel of the glock in my hand. (I've got big hands, wasn't wild about where my hand met the grips, etc, didn't feel as good as the others I tried)

So at this point, I'm sort of stuck between the two guns I've really quite enjoyed. The P229 (Loving the decocker and the .40 seems nice being as how it has a high capacity.) or the USP (Liking the caliber, and the polymer frame. Reminds me of the glock, but my hands prefer it). Anybody had experience with these? And are there any others I should give a shot before I go ahead and commit my hard earned cash? Thanks!

Default Re: HK or Sig?

Well you chose to put Sig in your name..., so might as well make it mean something.

(Venango County)

He also put heck as in Heckler lol I have had both brands and both are fantastic. I used to EDC an hk USP 45...it's a bulky gun but I loved it.

(Philadelphia County)

Good point, lol. I'm really loving the P229. I've been literally mulling this decision over for about a month and a half now. BTW, I've looked into multiple different variants too. Anybody running around with the Elite Dark? Is it even worth it over the regular P229?

Just sucks, both the guns I've developed a love for are so damn expensive. (Compared to the average pricing of a Glock, these German guns are DAMN pricey)

EDIT:

I've got pretty big hands, (I'm talking like, basketball player hands) hence why I'm going for larger handguns. I had someone suggest a Kel Tec, felt like my hand was eating the poor thing. Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by awdxtc View Post
    He also put heck as in Heckler lol I have had both brands and both are fantastic. I used to EDC an hk USP 45...it's a bulky gun but I loved it.
    Well duh, I missed that. :P Anyway, you can't go wrong with either so might as well get both. I went through a sig phase but am now on am HK phase, carrying the P30 in .40. Just get whatever feels best to you.

Ps just looked at that p229 dark elite and I might have to add one to the short list.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Ps just looked at that p229 dark elite and I might have to add one to the short list.
    I know! It's damn nice isn't it? It just seems like it's got everything I could ever want. Hahaha.

(Venango County)

If you are going to be concealed carrying look at the P229 SAS. Or if your hands are that big get a Glock 20

(Allegheny County)

HK. New Sigs are pieces of shit.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Elaborate! Don't wanna spend $800 and get something that's gonna break on me.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Agree, if those are your 2 options I'd go HK.
    Today was a good day!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast